Application Due Date: December 1, 2018 at 11: 59 p.m.
The 2019 Fulbright Junior Professors Advancement Program will bring young professor from Egypt to U.S. organizations for professors advancement, mentoring, and cultural exchange activities in the fields of Renewable Resource and Engineering, Mentor of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL), and Public Health from June 30 through September 8, 2019
Throughout this 10- week program, professor will be presented to brand-new mentor and research study techniques, observe classes, go to workshops, and establish linkages with American professors through weekly mentoring sessions. On-going neighborhood engagement with university-identified host households, volunteers, or others in the more comprehensive regional neighborhood will help with the scholars’ involvement in outreach activities, consisting of sees to archaeological sites and participation at cultural occasions. While intro to brand-new research study techniques in the scholars’ disciplines does make up one part of the Fulbright Junior Professors Advancement Program, the program is not planned to supply a location for specific research study tasks.
The Fulbright Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Develop college capability in Egypt through professors advancement and mentoring for junior professor.
- Foster long-lasting cooperation and institutional linkages in between Egyptian and U.S. academics.
- Promote good understanding in between Egyptians and Americans by helping with the scholars’ engagement with the more comprehensive host school neighborhood.
Grants are not for the primary function of:
- Going to conferences
- Finishing doctoral argumentations
- Travel and assessment at several organizations, or
- Scientific medical research study including client contact (not allowable)
Qualified Fields (Applicants from Egypt can just use in one of the following fields):
- Renewable Resource and Engineering (Solar, Wind, Hydro-electric, Biofuel, Geothermal): Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering as associated particularly to Renewable resource (does not consist of Petroleum or Nuclear energy/engineering fields).
- Public Health: Public Health, Nutritional Science, Healthcare Administration, Household and Neighborhood Health, Occupational Health.
- TEFL/Linguistics: TEFL, TESOL, Linguistics (does not consist of literature, American literature, American research studies).
- Citizen and person of Egypt. (Need to send a scanned copy of the initial legitimate National ID).
- U.S. residents and holders of U.S. green cards/passports are disqualified.
- Full-time professors status at an Egyptian university or other organization of greater knowing in Egypt (should be a degree giving organization, providing a minimum of a bachelor’s degree).
- Needs to be living in Egypt at the time of application submission and throughout the interview and choice stages leading up to the date of departure.
- MA/MS degree and a minimum of 5 years of university-level mentor experience, OR a Ph.D. and no greater than 5 years of university-level mentor experience. MA/MS holders who are presently registered in a doctoral program should have a minimum of 3 years of university-level mentor experience.
- Efficiency in English enough to successfully perform grant activities in the United States. Although a TOEFL rating is not needed, candidates should have a strong command of the English language.
- Dedication to class mentor and desire to reinforce mentor and management abilities.
- Scholar’s scholastic focus should remain in among the program’s used scholastic discipline friends.
- Needs to be readily available to take a trip to the United States and get involved throughout of the program from June 30– September 8, 2019
- Administrative stipend.
- Travel allowance and expert advancement funds.
- Provided, specific apartment-style real estate.
- Travel and lodgings for a re-entry workshop to be hosted in Washington, D.C.
- Round-trip global travel to the U.S.
- Mishap and illness health advantage protection throughout of the program.
All applications and needed supporting files ought to be sent through the online system just by December 1, 2018 at 11: 59 p.m.
Crucial Application Details:
- A total application will need finishing the online application in addition to publishing extra files.
- To guarantee you send a total application, please read and follow the application guidelines and extra standards thoroughly
- You are not needed to finish the application in one sitting; please make note of your login and password so you can go back to the application.
- As soon as you send the application, you are no longer enabled to make any modifications to your details. Please evaluation and check the whole application prior to submission.
Choice will be provided to candidates without substantial current experience in the U.S.
To Find Out More: