Application Due Date: July 7 at 11: 59 p.m. PT
As part of Google’s continuous dedication to increasing the variety of females in engineering, we are thrilled to provide travel and presence scholarships to the 2019 Grace Hopper Event of Women in Computing Conference occurring in Orlando, FL from October 1-4,2019
While all college student and market experts in the United States and Canada along with existing Google interns who are mastering computing and enthusiastic about variety, equity and addition in the tech market are motivated to use, this year’s scholarship has a devoted concentrate on appealing females of color. This consists of however is not restricted to females of Black/African American/Caribbean/WestIndies and Hispanic/Latinx descent.
To be qualified for a scholarship to go to a global conference, candidates should:
- Be a trainee registered with an acknowledged university in Africa who requires conference travel funds.
- Studying computer technology, computer system engineering, or a technical field associated to the conference topic.
- Have actually a paper accepted for discussion (oral or poster) in the primary conference program at a top-tier Computer technology conference. We choose to support conferences in research study locations where Google has a strong interest. Please go to research.google.com for a list of locations. The paper needs to be accepted for complete publication and ideally complete oral discussion. Workshop documents will not be authorized for travel scholarships.
- Be the sole or joint very first author of the accepted paper.
To motivate presence at technical conferences, Google will supply picked receivers:
- Complimentary conference registration
- The United States And Canada: As much as 1,000 USD (unless otherwise.
kept in mind) repayment to retroactively be utilized towards air travel and.
lodging expenses (will be granted after the conference)
- Europe: As much as 1,000 EUR towards travel and lodging expenses (will be paid after the conference)
- India: An award in the series of 1,000– 3,000 USD.
that will cover conference registration, travel, lodging and other.
- Africa: An award in the series of 1,000– 3,000
USD that will cover conference registration, travel, lodging and.
associated costs. Scholarship quantity depends upon expense for the.
- Japan & South Korea: As much as 3,000 USD towards.
air tickets and lodging expense (will be paid after the conference).
Scholarship quantity depends upon expense for the global conference.
To Learn More:
See the Authorities Web Page of the 2019 Grace Hopper Event Google Travel Scholarship