Application Due Date: Sunday, 2 December 2018 at 11: 59 p.m. EST.
The Michael Elliott Award for Quality in African Storytelling, a partnership in between the International Center for Reporters (ICFJ), ONE, and the Elliott household, honors an up-and-coming reporter in Africa who makes every effort to reinforce individuals’s voices and enhance their wellness.
This distinguished award acknowledges an up-and-coming reporter in Africa who informs essential stories through quality reporting. The award, developed in 2017, honours the life and profession of ONE’s previous CEO, Michael Elliott.
For the 3rd year, the International Center for Reporters (ICFJ) in partnership with ONE and the Elliott household is accepting entries for the 2019 Michael Elliott Award for Quality in African Storytelling
- The contest is open to English-speaking reporters operating in Africa for print, broadcast and online news media. Candidates need to run out than 10 years of journalism experience.
- Candidates need to send one released story that shows superior storytelling about a crucial problem. The submission can be a function story; an extensive, investigative or explanatory piece; or a multimedia report or documentary.
- A copy of the released story or broadcast clip need to be sent in English. Functions in other languages need to consist of English translations.
A prominent worldwide jury picks the winner.
- This award will offer the winner with a US$ 5,000 prize money to pursue an extensive reporting job.
- In an unique research study trip arranged by ICFJ, the winner will hang out in U.S. newsrooms to find out brand-new abilities and share understanding. The winner will likewise finish a two-week internship at the head office of The Economic Expert in London.
For Additional Information: