Application Due Date: March 3rd 2019
The Anja Niedringhaus Nerve in Photojournalism Award was developed to honor the life and work of Pulitzer Prize-winning AP professional photographer and IWMF Nerve in Journalism Award winner Anja Niedringhaus(1965-2014). With this Award, the IWMF commemorates the brave work of ladies photojournalists like Anja.
The Award acknowledges the significance of visual journalistic work that motivates us to do something about it and obliges us to much better comprehend the world. Produced in 2014 with a $1 million present from the Howard G. Buffett Structure, the Award will be provided yearly to a lady photojournalist whose work shows nerve and devotion, as Anja’s does. The Award winner will be openly honored, have her work showcased, and get a prize money of $20,00 0.
The Anja Niedringhaus Nerve in Photojournalism Award acknowledges.
ladies photojournalists with a dedication to shining a light on essential.
stories worldwide through brave and engaging work. Please check out.
the eligibility requirements and application standards thoroughly previously.
continuing to the online election kind. Prospects for the Anja.
Niedringhaus Nerve in Photojournalism Award should:
- Work full-time as reporters; journalism needs to be a prospect’s.
main occupation. Both self-employed reporters and those associated with.
media companies are qualified
- Identify as ladies
- All elections should consist of prospect info, work samples, and a candidate/nomination declaration.
- The needed work samples are 12 photos that finest represent the.
scope and design of the prospect’s work, within the context of.
challenging reporting environments.
- Each picture should be accompanied by a caption explaining the date, location, and circumstance recorded.
- Images should not be controlled post-production. Images should portray.
precisely the scenes and occasions recorded. Picture collages and.
illustrations will not be accepted.
- 6 (6) of the images should have been taken within the previous 2 years.
(2017-2019). The other 6 can be taken at any time throughout the.
- Submissions should consist of a candidate/nomination declaration that does.
not go beyond 2 pages. The declaration needs to respond to the following concerns:.
- What stories does the prospect inform through her images?
- Under what conditions does the prospect work?
- How do the photos sent with this election capture the scope of the prospect’s work?
- How do the prospect’s profession and work show the worths of Anja Niedringhaus?
- Prospect declarations should be composed in English, French, or Spanish.
For Additional Information: