Application Due Date: Friday, May 31 st 2019.
The Kurt Schork Memorial Fund (KSMF) is now accepting submissions for its 2019 awards in worldwide journalism.
beginning in 2002, the Kurt Schork Memorial Fund has actually looked for to support those.
reporters Kurt most appreciated, the freelancers and regional press reporters whose work.
is typically inadequately paid, mainly unrecognized and all frequently laden with risk.
the 3 yearly awards, for freelance and regional journalism and, because 2017,.
for newsfixers, are acknowledged worldwide as a mark of quality and have an.
developed performance history for brave reporting on dispute, corruption and.
The 18 th.
yearly require awards is for that reason now divided into 3 classifications:
- a Regional Press Reporter award that acknowledges the typically over-looked work of reporters in establishing countries or nations in shift who discuss occasions in their homeland.
- a Freelance award for those reporters who take a trip to the world’s dispute zones, normally at excellent individual threat, to witness and report the effect and repercussions of occasions.
- A News Fixer award fulfilling regional reporters and/or specialists, employed by a checking out foreign press reporter or wire service, whose assistance and regional understanding materially benefited the material, effect and reach of the stories sent.
Each award is for $5,000 and will exist at a distinguished event in London in late October or November2019 Because 2009, the awards event has actually been hosted at the Thomson Reuters Structure’s primary workplaces in Canary Wharf, London.
2019 Submission requirements
- 3 different posts need to be sent, consisting of when reporters are choosing fixers for the brand-new award.
- The sent posts need to have been released in between June 1, 2018 and May 31, 2019.
- Accepted media: any print-based medium, such as papers and publications, or developed online publications. Blog sites, individual sites and social networks pages or channels are declined.
- Articles can include war reporting, human rights concerns, cross-border problems, corruption or other questionable matters influencing on individuals’s lives. Judges will be trying to find professionalism, high journalistic requirements, and proof of commitment and guts in acquiring the story.
- Due to the fact that of issues with scanned entries and stopped working links in previous years, we need that each short article be supplied as a text file– MS Word (. doc or.docx) or comparable text format (. rtf), or a PDF of a text file.
- You might provide a URL link to your short article( s), or a scan (as a PDF or JPG file) as supporting proof of the publication context, however your entry will be disqualified if you do not likewise send the needed text files.
- The awards panel will consider elections for fixers who have actually gotten more than one suggestion from reporters they have actually dealt with.
product you need to supply:
- a CV or resumé about your.
education and journalism profession or about that of the fixer you are.
- a passport-quality picture.
( JPEG, GIF or PNG file, size no bigger than 250 Kb) of yourself or that of.
the fixer you are choosing.
- a high basic English.
translation if the initial posts are not in English.
- a brief declaration describing.
what you needed to do to get the story.
case of the fixer award, we need from the nominating reporter:
- A declaration of election
- A copy of the story or stories produced since of the chosen fixer’s participation
- A declaration that the candidate knows that he/ or she is being chosen and has actually allowed for the election (or possibly the election for confidential if win). The awards panel will consider elections for fixers who have actually gotten more than one suggestion from reporters they have actually dealt with.
- An approval from the nominator and candidate that they accept the regards to the competitors
- 2 referrals
To Learn More: