Application Due Date: November 30 th 2018
The yearly National Geographic Society/Buffett Awards for Management in Preservation were developed by the Society and The Howard G. Buffett Structure to acknowledge and commemorate unrecognized heroes operating in the field. 2 awards exist each year: one for accomplishment in Africa (developed in 2002) and the other for accomplishment in Latin America (developed in 2005).
Receivers of these awards have actually shown impressive management in handling and safeguarding the natural deposits in their areas and nations. In addition, they are each inspiring preservation supporters who function as good example and coaches.
Award receivers are selected from elections sent to National Geographic Society through an extensive peer-review procedure.
- The recipients selected each year are honored at an event in Washington, D.C., and get a one-time award of $25,000 to support their continuous work.
Prior to sending your election, please make certain your prospect fulfills the following requirements:
- Candidate should be resident from the nation where he/she establishes the preservation work
- Candidate should be an accomplished person that has actually developed favorable modification in his/her neighborhood through preservation
- Buffett Awards are NOT life time accomplishment awards, nor are they early profession awards. Therefore candidates should be at the peak of their professions as preservation leaders
- Buffett Awards are NOT preservation grants. If you have an interest in using to a grant from National Geographic, please see https://www.nationalgeographic.org/grants
- Choice will be offered to candidates who have actually not gotten several preservation awards
- Choice will be offered to candidates with species-focused preservation efforts
- People choosing themselves will not be thought about
To Find Out More: