Application Due Date: May 31 st 2019
The Intercultural Development Award is a collaboration in between the United Nations Alliance of Civilizations (UNAOC) and the BMW Group that chooses and supports the most ingenious grassroots tasks that motivate intercultural discussion and pursue a more tranquil and socially inclusive world by constructing shared regard amongst individuals of various cultural and spiritual identities, turning down violent extremism and accepting variety.
Qualified to look for the Intercultural Development Award are not-for-profit companies handling tasks concentrated on promoting intercultural discussion and understanding, and who want to broaden their series of action.
Examples consist of tasks in the fields of combating xenophobia, education for international citizenship, interfaith discussion, migration and combination, avoidance of violent extremism, along with efforts attending to the requirements of particular groups in promoting intercultural understanding (e.g. faith-based, youth, ladies, media, and so on)
Does your not-for-profit company certify?
Organizations that send a job to the competitors requirement to satisfy every one of.
the following requirements to be considered eligible:.
- Organizations should be signed up as a not-for-profit company, such as a non-governmental company, charitable company, research study and university, labor union, native group, faith-based company, expert association, structure and regional or local branches of federal government.
- Using companies should have been functional for a minimum of 2 years prior to April 2019; with financing base and task execution (i.e. the company should reveal registration as non-profit in their nation of operation by April 2017 or earlier).
- Using companies should be handling a job concentrated on promoting intercultural discussion and understanding. Examples consist of tasks in the fields of combating xenophobia, education for international citizenship, interfaith discussion, migration and combination, avoidance of violent extremism, along with efforts attending to the requirements of particular groups in promoting intercultural understanding (e.g. faith-based, youth, ladies, media, and so on)
- The using company should have the determination to broaden the series of action of the task with UNAOC, the BMW Group and other partners.
- Organizations that have actually formerly gotten any UNAOC assistance are not qualified to use to the Intercultural Development Award.
- Tasks that have actually been sent to previous editions of the Intercultural Development Award and were not picked, are qualified and urged to use once again. Nevertheless, using companies can not have actually been winners of previous editions of the UNAOC Market of Concepts or BMW Group Awards.
The Intercultural Development Award is bestowed upon 10 companies. Recipients get one year of assistance from UNAOC and the BMW Group, which will help their tasks to increase their efficiency. Assistance will likewise be supplied to effective tasks so that they can be reproduced in other contexts or settings where they may be appropriate. The particular assistance got will depend upon the private requirements of the tasks.
An in-depth requirements evaluation will be carried out in combination with each of the recipients. UNAOC and the BMW Group will then activate resources to assist those tasks accomplish their objectives. After one year, a detailed examination will be carried out in order to evaluate the effect of the Award on effective tasks.
How are Intercultural Development Awardees picked?
Shortlisted tasks will be assessed versus a detailed set of requirements. These.
requirements consist of 3 primary classifications:.
- Importance — is suitable for the target market and in the regional context where carried out.
- Quality — carries out an extensive analysis of problems/issues and sets a constant intervention technique.
- Clearness — sets clear goals and draws a sensible connection in between activities, outputs and results.
- Development — presses beyond limits and master.
using initial and unique techniques (social networks, arts, pedagogical.
technique, ingenious training, and so on)
- Measurability — effect of the intervention is.
assessable (i.e. variety of recipients, surveys on mindset modification,.
evaluation of behavioral modifications, clear policy modifications, and so on)
- Sustainability — shows capability to be sustainable in the mid-long term.
- Replicability — has the capability to be reproduced and scaled up in various settings. This is an essential examination requirement.
To Find Out More: