Application Due Date: October 22 nd 2018
The United Nations Regional Course in International Law for Africa is arranged by the Codification Department of the United Nations Workplace of Legal Affairs in cooperation with Ethiopia, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and the African Union.
The Regional Course will be held at the centers of the ECA in Addis Ababa, from 11 February to 8 March2019 The Regional Course will be performed in French. The course will accommodate approximately 30 individuals, consisting of a restricted variety of areas for self-funded individuals.
The Codification Department of the United Nations Workplace of Legal Affairs arranges the United Nations Regional Courses in International Law for Africa, Asia-Pacific and Latin America and the Caribbean.
The Regional Courses supply premium training by leading scholars and professionals on a broad variety of core topics of worldwide law, along with particular topics of specific interest in an offered area. In addition, the interactive nature of the training enables the individuals to share experiences and exchange concepts, which promotes higher understanding and cooperation on legal matters in the area.
The Regional Courses are meant to make it possible for certified experts, in specific federal government authorities and instructors of worldwide law from establishing nations and nations with emerging economies, to deepen their understanding of worldwide law and of the legal work of the United Nations and its involved bodies.
The Regional Courses include workshops offered by popular worldwide law scholars and professionals from various areas and legal systems.
The Regional Courses might consist of workshops on the following subjects:
- Intro to worldwide law
- Treaty law
- State obligation
- Global peace and security
- Serene settlement of worldwide conflicts
- Diplomatic and consular law
- Global companies
- United Nations organizations and law making
- The Work of the International Law Commission
- African Union law and organizations
- Company of American States law and organizations
- Global human rights law
- Motions of individuals
- Global humanitarian law
- Global criminal law
- Global ecological law
- Global watercourses
- Law of the sea
- Global trade law
- Global financial investment law
- Legal research study
- Legal preparing
The Regional Courses are performed through interactive workshops and conversations to permit an optimum exchange of views. The individuals are anticipated to add to the conversations on the different subjects consisted of in the curriculum of the Regional Courses.
At the start of the Regional Course. an extensive set of training products is offered to each individual for him/her to keep.
Certificates are granted just to those individuals who have actually finished the Regional Course in its totality.
- To certify to be thought about for the Regional Courses, prospects need to have a legal background with expert experience in the field of worldwide law. Prospects need to likewise be proficient in the language where the Course is provided (French in 2019). The chosen prospects are needed to send a medical certificate of health and to license that they have the ability to go to the course in its totality. The Regional Course accommodates approximately 30 individuals.
- This Regional Course is open to prospects from Member States from the African States Group to the United Nations.
- For those individuals getting a fellowship, the fellowship will cover travel, lodging, meals, medical insurance coverage, and training products. Fellowship receivers will likewise get a modest stipend to cover other living expenditures in accordance with the policies and treatments governing the administration of United Nations fellowships.
- There will likewise be a restricted variety of areas for self-funded individuals. With the exception of training products and lunches throughout training days, which are offered to all individuals, self-funded individuals bear all expenses related to their involvement in the Regional Course (e.g. travel, medical insurance coverage, lodging and living expenditures).
When choosing individuals for the Regional Courses, due factor to consider is offered to the prospects’ credentials, to the scope of their expert responsibilities, to the importance of the training to their expert responsibilities, and to gender balance. Female prospects are highly motivated to use. Due factor to consider is likewise offered to those prospects who are currently present in the host city of the Regional Course (Addis Ababa).
The United Nations does not charge a cost at any phase of the application and choice procedure. The United Nations does not issue itself with info on prospects’ savings account.
|•||Sales Brochure (| )|
For Additional Information: