Application Deadline: 31 January 2022
IAS – the International AIDS Society – leads collective action on every front of the global HIV response through its membership base, scientific authority, and convening power.
Founded in 1988, the IAS is the world’s largest association of HIV professionals, with members in more than 170 countries. Working with its members, the IAS advocates and drives urgent action to reduce the impact of HIV. The IAS is also the steward of the world’s most prestigious HIV conferences: the International AIDS Conference, the IAS Conference on HIV Science, and the HIV Research for Prevention Conference.
AIDS 2022 will call on the world to come together to re-engage and follow the science. It will define future research agendas, shift latest evidence to action, and chart a new consensus on overcoming the HIV epidemic as a threat to public health and individual well-being.
Four decades of responding to HIV have shown that our greatest victories happen when scientists, policy makers and activists come together. Join us as we unite at AIDS 2022.
AIDS 2022 will feature:
- 100+ hybrid speaker sessions and panel debates live from Montreal and around the world
- E-posters showcasing cutting-edge research with live in-person and on-demand presentations
- The largest-ever scholarship programme, providing registration, travel and internet support
- Multiple opportunities for networking and engaging in speaker Q&As
- The Global Village and Youth Programme in Montreal and virtually
- On-demand 24/7 access to all session recordings via the conference platform
- In-person and virtual exhibition and daily educational workshops
- Tailored live, semi-live and pre-recorded satellite symposia and pre-conference meeting packages hosted in Montreal and virtually
The AIDS 2022 Scholarship Programme provides financial assistance to eligible applicants around the world to attend AIDS 2022 either in-person, in Montreal, Canada, or virtually.
The programme supports individuals who contribute to the conference programme, as well as applicants who can demonstrate that they will transfer the skills and knowledge acquired at the conference to the work they undertake in their own organizations and communities.
Types of support
Applicants can choose whether to attend the conference in-person or virtually. You can request financial support for registration, travel support, accommodation, daily living allowance and/or virtual accessibility support, depending on the type of attendance applied for (in-person or virtual). The type of attendance does not have an impact on the likelihood of obtaining a scholarship.
You can request the following support:
- Registration for the conference (includes access to all sessions at the conference venue, as well as access to the virtual platform)
- Travel support (pre-paid economy class ticket from the nearest international airport)
- Accommodation (single room in a budget hotel or student accommodation)
- Daily living allowance for the duration of the conference
Applicants applying for in-person attendance of the conference are strongly encouraged to ensure that they comply with the Government of Canada’s entry requirements, as well as COVID-19 travel regulations, when they apply for the scholarship. This includes vaccination mandates and other measures for travelling to Canada. Please check our immigration page for up-to-date information on this.
You can request the following support:
- Registration for virtual attendance of the conference (full online access to all conference sessions, including virtual networking sessions)
- Accessibility support for virtual attendance (subject to availability, applicants with connectivity challenges can apply for a SIM card, data package or device to facilitate your access to the online content of the conference)
- 1 December 2021: Scholarship application platform opens
- 31 January 2022: Scholarship application platform closes for non-IAS Members
- 7 February 2022: Extended scholarship application deadline for IAS Members
- Early April 2022: Applicants will be notified about the status of their application
For More Information: