Application Due Date: Saturday, 1 June 2019
Do you think that the web is an essential platform for social,.
financial and political advancement in Africa? Are you an existing or.
possible leader in web governance online forums and arguments in Africa?
Does your existing work or research study include web or ICT policy and.
guideline? Do you wish to deepen your understanding of the.
” multistakeholder” technique to internet-related policy making?
Whether you are a policy maker, a scientist, a regulator, an engineer, a reporter, a business owner or a gender equality and human rights protector– if you appreciate web policy in Africa, AfriSIG is for you!
The Association for Progressive Communications (APC), the African Union Commission and Research Study ICT Africa (RIA) are happy to reveal the call for applications for the 7th African School on Web Governance(AfriSIG). This year the school will be held right away prior to the African Web Governance Online Forum (AfIGF), which will happen in the very first half of September2019 Last dates and area will be verified in the coming weeks.
AfriSIG’s main objective is to offer Africans from several.
sectors and stakeholder groups the chance to acquire understanding that.
will allow them to take part with confidence and efficiently in nationwide,.
local and worldwide web governance procedures and arguments.
As part of the knowing and management advancement.
procedure, AfriSIG looks for to offer fellows the chance to take part.
actively at the AfIGF as speakers, mediators and rapporteurs. The dates.
and area of this year’s AfIGF are still to be verified.
The School will run throughout 6 days, and will be structured to consist of extensive knowing and understanding sharing that covers:
- A summary of web governance ideas, concerns and organizations.
- Web architecture, facilities, requirements and procedures and management of web names and numbers.
- Web governance and social concerns: gender, human rights and advancement.
- Cybersecurity, multistakeholder techniques and emerging concerns in web governance such as algorithms and the “web of things”.
- The emphasize of the school is a practicum in which individuals need to deal with a real internet-related policy difficulty and create a concurred service or declaration.
Applicants who have pertinent work experience and/or.
participation in web governance or ICT policy and guideline and who.
are placed to make significant contributions to reinforcing.
web governance in Africa, and African voices in web governance.
The School will accept applications from existing or emerging leaders and specialists from:
- Federal government ministries and departments, nationwide and local interactions regulative authorities, and public sector info and interactions services such as town libraries.
- Members of parliament, especially if they are associated with parliamentary portfolio committees that handle media, interactions and infotech concerns.
- Provider and other organisations who form part of the web market.
- Civil society and non-governmental organisations who engage with or run in the internet-related info and interactions sector.
- Organisations dealing with females’s rights and gender and how these intersect with innovation.
- Digital human rights protectors.
- Human rights organizations handling web concerns, such as nationwide or local human rights commissions.
- Community-based info and interactions services and the more comprehensive neighborhood informatics sector.
- The judiciary and other members of the legal neighborhood dealing with web and interactions law.
- Members of police who handle web concerns.
- The cybersecurity sector.
- The web technical neighborhood.
- Academic and research study organizations that handle web concerns.
- Media organisations and outlets that concentrate on the web.
- Specific blog writers and reporters who cover web concerns.
Applicants can obtain a scholarship to go to the.
school. Nevertheless, offered the restricted variety of scholarships, self-funded.
and sponsored candidates are motivated to use. All individuals will.
be anticipated to pay their own regional transportation expenditures and visa costs in.
their native land.
Applicants can show intent to self-fund or look for.
sponsorship in their application. The complete course charge, which covers.
lodging, meals, course product and tuition, is USD 2,000 This.
leaves out travel.
Scholarships will cover flight, shared lodging.
and meal expenses throughout of the School. Effective candidates.
have the choice of remaining in a single space, however they would require to.
cover the extra expense themselves.
To use please total the kind here by Saturday, 1 June 2019
Please note that as part of the application, you will be needed to.
publish a current CV, 2 referral letters and a letter of monetary.
dedication must you be self-funded. To find out more, go to the.
AfriSIG site www.afrisig.org or get in touch with the AfriSIG organiser, Koliwe Majama at [email protected]
For More Details: