Due Date: July 12, 2019
Apply now to go to the 7th ASEF Public Diplomacy Training in Siem Reap, Cambodia. The ASEF Public Diplomacy Training supplies diplomats, federal government authorities and civil society agents a distinct chance to develop or even more improve their public diplomacy abilities and exchange finest practices.
As a contribution to public diplomacy efforts of the 53 Asia-Europe Satisfying (ASEM) Partners, the Asia-Europe Structure (ASEF) developed the ASEF Public Diplomacy Training in 2013, in collaboration with the DiploFoundation (Diplo) of Switzerland. Ever since, 6 tutored online courses and 6 in person workshops have actually been performed and more than 220 individuals have actually gained from the training.
Through the In Person Training and the Online Course, participantswill gain insights into the existing understandings of diplomacy efforts in Asia and Europe and how to include public diplomacy abilities into their day-to-day work. The particular goals are to:
- Enable individuals to deepen their understanding of public understandings of Asia and Europe, bi-regional characteristics, and how these effect the intent and style of their objective
- Supply useful abilities to develop, establish and provide efficient public diplomacy projects and programs to promote the ASEM Process through real-life examples and case research studies
- Boost networking chances for ASEM diplomats, federal government authorities and civil society stars to exchange finest practices and promote much deeper understanding of Asia-Europe relations
- 1. 7th Online Course 29 July– 20 September 2019
- 2. 7th Face-to-face Training, Siem Reap, Cambodia 21-25 October 2019
- Effective candidates will have the benefit to participate in both the Online Training and the In person Training.
- Just individuals that have actually effectively finished the Online Training will be qualified to participate in the In person Training on 21-25 October 2019 in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
The organisers will cover:
- Air travel on point-to-point economy class and/or train ticket to take a trip to/from Siem Reap, Cambodia, through repayment
- 5 nights of lodging in the training place with check-in (information to follow)
- Meals and beverages throughout the training program
- Young diplomats in departments handling Asia, Europe, or ASEM in the Ministries of Foreign Affairs or comparable of the ASEM Partners
- Diplomats published by ASEM Partners to ASEM nations who are handling public diplomacy
- Agents from federal government companies (culture, tourist, trade and financial investment, and so on)
- Civil society members whose work is affecting public diplomacy
- MA degree, or comparable, or BA degree with a minimum of 3 years of diplomatic working experience
- Presently operating in the Asia-Europe context
- High efficiency in English
- Interest in public diplomacy, public affairs or interactions
- Submissions of elections by ASEM Ministries of Foreign Affairs ought to be sent out to ASEF (see “CONTACT” listed below) through email, mentioning the name, position and e-mail address of the prospect.
- Ms Trishia OCTAVIANO, Job Executive, Governance & Economy Department, Asia-Europe Structure (ASEF) (E: [email protected]|T: +656874 9755)
- Prospects are needed to send a CV and a well-structured inspiration declaration of no greater than 250 words. Chosen individuals will later on be asked to fill an online registration type.
- Notice of chosen individuals: Friday, 19 July 2019
For additional information, check out ASEF Training