Due Date: July 28, 2019
Applications for the 8th Eastern European Academy for Social Democracy Program is now open. The Regional Workplace “Discussion Eastern Europe” of the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung welcomes young progressive leaders aged 25-35 to obtain the 8th edition of the Eastern European Academy for Social Democracy, which will happen from 22 nd up until 28 th of September 2019 in Germany( Berlin and environments).
The 8th Academy will concentrate on the concern of gender and equality in the Eastern Collaboration Area and Russia. A gender-based method has actually ended up being of vital significance in policymaking and the economy in the post-Soviet area. Nevertheless, the level to which gender policies have actually been placed on the political program differs within the EaP area greatly. While some nations attempt to embrace laws and guidelines to boost equivalent rights, in other states “gender” has actually developed into an objected to term, which apparently threatens the political and conventional worths. The organizers make every effort to promote an argument about the chances and difficulties of equivalent rights based politics with a strong concentrate on political and financial involvement. Moreover, the workshop is suggested to consist of a conversation of the core aspects of an appropriate social and household policy.
Throughout an extensive 6-day-program, individuals will go through a thoroughly well balanced program of conversations with leading specialists, political leaders, and activists of gender concerns from Germany and Eastern Europe. The individuals will have the chance to establish their soft abilities and to find out how to reach agreement in a politically varied environment. Furthermore, they have the ability to participate in the roundtable conversation “Germany and the Eastern Collaboration after 10 Years” which will be arranged in cooperation with the German Foreign Workplace.
Objectives of the program:
- The Academy is mostly focused on candidates who are dedicated to social democratic worths and who have an interest in enhancing the political discussion in between their countries and other nations of the area in addition to the European Union.
- Besides promoting serene discussion, good understanding, and the exchange of social democratic policies, the Academy provides participatory workshops on useful crucial proficiencies and soft abilities.
- The program will offer deep insights into the political circumstance in the area and will supply a chance for top-level conversations with political leaders and civil society activists.
- The Academy is based upon a growing, sustainable network of Eastern European future leaders who want to help with discussion amongst young, dedicated, and progressive individuals who are open to originalities and techniques.
- The Academy happens a number of times a year in various nations with altering subjects and workshops.
- Throughout the previous Academies, individuals have actually mastered their soft abilities in trainings such as: tactical preparation, conflict-management and training of fitness instructors (KID) or took part in interactive formats such as simulations and circumstance workshops.
- The working language of the program is English.
- All expenses connected to the program will be covered by the organizers.
- Citizenship of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Germany, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine.
- In Between 25 and 35 years of ages.
- Fluency in English.
- Young leaders from progressive political celebrations or social democratic youth companies; young members of Parliaments or city board, junior federal government authorities, and civic activists.
- Determination to actively participate in Alumni activities, to continuously support a growing sustainable progressive network of similar individuals and to be associated with the company of political programs in the particular house nations.
- Individuals of the previous Academies are likewise welcome to use.
- To use, please fill in the application and send your CV to the following address: andrii.makarenko [at] fes-dee. org( the application is finished just if both files are sent on time).
- The application due date is July 28 th at 6 pm (Kyiv time) Later on applications will not be accepted or assessed.
- The outcomes will be revealed on August second Shortlisted prospects might be welcomed for a skype interview.
- The company group intends to guarantee gender balance of individuals in the program.
For additional information, see European Academy for Social Democracy