Application Due Date: November 5, 2018
The 8th UNAOC Worldwide Online Forum will be held under the style: “Commit2Dialogue:
Collaborations for Avoidance and Sustaining Peace”. It will be arranged on Monday, 19 November and Tuesday, 20 November 2018 in the meeting room of United Nations Head Office in New York City.
The scourge of violent extremism and the increase of cultural and religious-based discrimination and xenophobia are amongst the world’s most vital obstacles. There is a pushing requirement to re-commit to interreligious and inter-cultural discussion and to promote tolerance, variety and a culture of peace.
Considering That 2008, UNAOC Secretariat has actually arranged 7 worldwide online forums that were hosted in 7 various nations worldwide. The UNAOC Worldwide Online Forum has actually ended up being a leading platform for promoting interreligious and intercultural discussion and understanding, in addition to for creating partnership with similar partners.
This year, UNAOC will unite nearly 1,000 individuals to the United Nations Head Office in New York City. UNAOC will welcome individuals to share understanding and check out ingenious methods of promoting inclusive techniques to clash avoidance as a path for sustaining peace. This year’s online forum will likewise act as a driver for developing collaborations that will assist attain that objective.
The 8th UNAOC Worldwide Online Forum will unite essential worldwide stars from varied fields to develop efficient collaborations and networks.
Under the management of the UNAOC, individuals will check out ingenious techniques to promote inclusive techniques to clash avoidance and sustaining peace, as they share know-how and excellent practices
PROGRAM MATERIAL SUMMARY
Throughout the Online forum, individuals will assemble in 2 Plenary Sessions and 6 Breakout Sessions.
- The 2 Plenary Sessions: 2 hours each, with 6 speakers and a mediator, followed by an interactive Q&A session with the audience.
- The 6 Breakout Sessions: 3 parallel sessions daily, will last for 2 hours each with 5 panelists and a mediator.
- The Youth Occasion, arranged on the very first day of the Online forum, will offer a platform to magnify the voices of youth (UNAOC Alumni) and display the effect of their deal with their neighborhoods.
- PLURAL + Awards Event: Plural +, the joint effort of UNAOC and the International Company for Migration (IOM), will acknowledge youth as effective representatives for favorable social modification. The recipients will be commemorated in a gala supper for their imagination revealed through the production of videos on countering xenophobia versus migrants and refugees and promoting variety, and social addition. The Group of Pals High Level Ministerial Satisfying for main delegations will be hung on day 2.
In this year’s online forum, we are giving UNHQ 100 youth who constitute our Alumni.
- They are youth leaders who are taken part in grassroots activities and who were recipients of UNAOC either through seed-funding that we offered their tasks or through our capability structure workshops and constant mentoring procedure.
- In a Ted-Talk format, these boys and females will inform individuals of UNAOC Online forum about the effect their work have actually had on their neighborhoods.
- Through their tasks, they have actually shown experience on the ground in subjects such as peacebuilding, media and making use of brand-new innovations, and the avoidance of violent extremism.
- The online forum will offer area for their input towards the just recently introduced UN Youth Method.
To Find Out More: