Deadline: October 28, 2021
Applications for the AACR-Debbie’s Dream Foundation Career Development Award for Gastric Cancer Research 2022 are now open. The Award represents a joint effort to encourage and support junior faculty to conduct gastric cancer research and to establish a successful career path in this field.
This award provides $200,000 over two years for expenses related to the research project, which may include salary and benefits of the grant recipient, collaborators, postdoctoral or clinical research fellows, graduate students (including tuition costs associated with graduate students’ education and training), or research assistants; research/laboratory supplies; equipment; publication charges for manuscripts that pertain directly to the funded project; and other research expenses. Indirect costs are not an allowable expenses.
At the start of the grant term (July 1, 2022), applicants must:
- Hold a faculty position with the title of assistant professor, instructor, research assistant professor, or the equivalent.
- Have completed their most recent doctoral degree within the past 11 years (i.e., degree cannot have been conferred before July 1, 2011; the formal date of receipt of doctoral degree is the date the degree was conferred, as indicated on their diploma and/or transcript). Applicants with a medical degree must have completed their most recent doctoral degree or medical residency – whichever date is later – within the past three years.
- Have independent laboratory space as confirmed by their institution.
- Work at an academic, medical, or research institution anywhere in the world.
Research Project Criteria
- The research proposed for funding may be basic, translational, clinical, or epidemiological in nature and must have direct applicability and relevance to gastric cancer. Projects may focus on any form of gastric cancer.
Applicants must be AACR Active members. Nonmembers interested in this grant opportunity must submit a satisfactory application for AACR Active membership by the Competitive Letter of Intent (LOI) deadline. Nonmembers can apply for membership online.
The AACR requires applicants to complete an online Letter of Intent submission by 1:00 p.m. U.S. Eastern Time on Thursday, October 28, 2021, using the ProposalCentral website.
For more information, visit AACR.