Due Date: November 15, 2019
Applications are open for AAUW International Fellowship Program 2020 for Master’s, Doctoral and Postdoctoral Researches. International Fellowships are granted for full-time research study or research study in the United States to females who are not U.S. people or long-term homeowners. Both graduate and postgraduate research studies at recognized U.S. organizations are supported.
AAUW’s International Fellowship program has actually remained in presence given that1917 Initially developed to offer Latin American females chances for graduate and postgraduate research study in the U.S., the International Fellowships program granted its very first fellowship in1917 The program now consists of females from around the globe, and International Fellowships have actually been granted to more than 3,600 females from more than 150 countries.
A restricted variety of awards are readily available for research study beyond the U.S. (omitting the candidate’s house nation) to females who are members of Graduate Women International (see the list of GWI affiliates). Choice is offered to females who reveal previous dedication to the development of females and women through civic, neighborhood, or expert work.
Approximately 5 International Master’s/ First Expert Degree Fellowships are eco-friendly for a 2nd year; fellows will get application details for this competitive program.
- Master’s/ very first expert degree: $18,000
- Doctoral: $20,000
- Postdoctoral: $30,000
Global Fellowship funds are readily available for
- Educational costs
- Living costs
- Reliant childcare
- Travel to expert conferences, conferences, or workshops, as long as it does not go beyond 10 percent of the fellowship
Candidates should have made the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree by November 15, 2018, and should have used to their proposed organizations of research study by the time of the application.
To be qualified for an International Fellowship, candidates should satisfy the following requirements:
- Have citizenship in a nation besides the U.S. or belongings of a nonimmigrant visa if living in the U.S. Ladies who are presently, or anticipate to be throughout the fellowship year, a U.S. resident, U.S. long-term local, or double resident with the U.S. and another nation are not qualified.
- Hold a scholastic degree (made in the U.S. or abroad) comparable to a U.S. bachelor’s degree finished by November 15, 2019.
- Intend to dedicate herself full-time to the proposed scholastic strategy throughout the fellowship year
- Intend to go back to her house nation to pursue an expert profession
- Excel in English. Unless the candidate can validate that her native language is English (composed declaration needed), that she got her secondary diploma or bachelor’s degree from an English-speaking organization (records needed), or that she will have finished one term of full-time research study in her discipline at an English-speaking college or university in between November 2017 and November 2019 (records needed), she needs to submit a current ETS TOEFL * (Test of English as a Foreign Language) rating. Institutional TOEFL ratings and other English efficiency test ratings (such as IELTS) will not be accepted. Minimum rating appropriate: 550 for Paper-Based Test (TOEFL PBT, no older than October 2017); 79 for Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT, no older than November 2017); 60 for Modified TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test (no older than November 2017).
- Master’s/ very first expert degree and doctoral candidates should have used by November 15, 2019, to a certified organization of research study for the duration of the fellowship year and should show the name of the organization in the International Fellowship application.
- Master’s/ very first expert degree fellowships are planned for master’s or expert degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., and so on
- Doctoral fellowships are planned for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral candidates should offer evidence of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate categorized as a research study degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2019; and show where they will perform their research study.
- Master’s/ very first expert degree and doctoral candidates should be registered in a U.S. recognized organization situated in the U.S. throughout the fellowship year.
- A restricted variety of awards are readily available to GWI members for research study or research study in any nation besides their own. Keep in mind that foreign branches of U.S. organizations are thought about beyond the U.S.
- Candidates should be performing a complete year of research study or research study. International Fellowships do not offer financing for a partial year of research study or research study. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not qualified.
- Master’s/ very first expert degree and doctoral fellowships support conventional classroom-based core curricula at colleges or universities. This fellowship program does not offer financing for distance-learning or online programs or for degrees greatly based on distance-learning elements. Decisions about what makes up range knowing under these fellowships will be made by AAUW.
Receivers are picked for scholastic accomplishment and showed dedication to females and women. Receivers go back to their house nations to end up being leaders in company, federal government, academic community, neighborhood advocacy, the arts, and sciences.
- Candidate living in house nation sometimes of application will get unique factor to consider
- Position on go back to house nation
- Academic and/or expert credentials
- Candidate’s dedication to the development of females and women in her house nation
- Proposed time schedule
- Quality and expediency of proposed strategy of research study or research study
- Showed proof of previous neighborhood and/or civic service in house nation
- Candidate’s nation’s requirement for the specialized understanding or ability
- Monetary requirement
- Inspiration for graduate research study or research study
- Candidate is from an underrepresented location of the nation and/or kind of university besides a high-level research study organization
Start the application procedure by clicking the link listed below to access the application and develop an account
To find out more, check out AAUW International Fellowship