Application Due Date: November 15 th 2019
AAUW International Fellowships are granted for full-time research study or research study in the United States to ladies who are not U.S. people or long-term homeowners. Both graduate and postgraduate research studies at certified U.S. organizations are supported.
Candidates should have made the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s.
degree by November 15, 2018, and should have used to their proposed.
organizations of research study by the time of the application. Approximately 5.
International Master’s/ First Expert Degree Fellowships are.
sustainable for a 2nd year; fellows will get application.
info for this competitive program.
Receivers are picked for scholastic accomplishment and showed dedication to ladies and ladies. Receivers go back to their house nations to end up being leaders in company, federal government, academic community, neighborhood advocacy, the arts, and sciences.
- Global Fellowships are not open to previous receivers of any AAUW nationwide fellowship or grant (not consisting of branch or regional awards or Neighborhood Action Grants). Members and officers of the AAUW Board of Directors are not qualified to look for fellowships and grant awards. AAUW personnel or volunteers with decision-making authority who want to look for an award needs to recuse themselves from the decision-making procedure.
- Not successful candidates might reapply.
- To be qualified for an International Fellowship, candidates should satisfy the following requirements:
- Have citizenship in a nation besides the U.S. or ownership of a nonimmigrant visa if living in the U.S. Females who are presently, or anticipate to be throughout the fellowship year, a U.S. resident, U.S. long-term homeowner, or double resident with the U.S. and another nation are not qualified.
- Hold a scholastic degree (made in the U.S. or abroad) comparable to a U.S. bachelor’s degree finished by November 15, 2019.
- Intend to commit herself full-time to the proposed scholastic strategy throughout the fellowship year
- Intend to go back to her house nation to pursue an expert profession
- Excel in English. Unless the candidate can validate that her native language is English (composed declaration needed), that she got her secondary diploma or bachelor’s degree from an English-speaking organization (records needed), or that she will have finished one term of full-time research study in her discipline at an English-speaking college or university in between November 2017 and November 2019 (records needed), she needs to submit a current ETS TOEFL * (Test of English as a Foreign Language) rating. Institutional TOEFL ratings and other English efficiency test ratings (such as IELTS) will not be accepted. Minimum rating appropriate: 550 for Paper-Based Test (TOEFL PBT, no older than October 2017); 79 for Internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT, no older than November 2017); 60 for Modified TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test (no older than November 2017).
- Master’s/ very first expert degree and doctoral candidates should have used by November 15, 2019, to a recognized organization of research study for the duration of the fellowship year and should show the name of the organization in the International Fellowship application.
- Master’s/ very first expert degree fellowships are planned for master’s or expert degree-level programs such as J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch., or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S., and so on
- Doctoral fellowships are planned for doctorate degrees, such as Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral candidates should offer evidence of their doctorate degree; hold a doctorate categorized as a research study degree (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) or an M.F.A. by November 15, 2019; and show where they will perform their research study.
- Master’s/ very first expert degree and doctoral candidates should be registered in a U.S. certified organization situated in the U.S. throughout the fellowship year.
- A minimal variety of awards are readily available to GWI members for research study or research study in any nation besides their own. Keep in mind that foreign branches of U.S. organizations are thought about beyond the U.S.
- Candidates should be performing a complete year of research study or research study. International Fellowships do not offer financing for a partial year of research study or research study. Programs ending prior to April of the fellowship year are not qualified.
- Master’s/ very first expert degree and doctoral fellowships support standard classroom-based core curricula at colleges or universities. This fellowship program does not offer financing for distance-learning or online programs or for degrees greatly based on distance-learning elements. Decisions about what makes up range knowing under these fellowships will be made by AAUW.
Global Fellowship funds are readily available for
- Educational costs
- Living costs
- Reliant childcare
- Travel to expert conferences, conferences, or workshops, as long as it does not go beyond 10 percent of the fellowship
Global Fellowship funds are NOT readily available for
- Purchase of devices
- Indirect expenses
- Research study assistants
- Previous expenses, deficits, or payment of loans
- Publication expenses
- Institutional (overhead) expenses
- Tuition for reliant’s education
- Grants-in-aid for less than a complete scholastic year or travel grants
- Travel to or from a fellow’s house nation
- Travel to or from the.
fellow’s research study area, if abroad (does not use to fellows who are.
GWI members with AAUW approval to study or research study in a nation other.
than their own)
Applications and supporting files end up being the sole home of AAUW and will neither be returned nor held for another year.
- Candidate living in house nation sometimes of application will get unique factor to consider
- Position on go back to house nation
- Academic and/or expert certifications
- Candidate’s dedication to the improvement of ladies and ladies in her house nation
- Proposed time schedule
- Quality and expediency of proposed strategy of research study or research study
- Showed proof of previous neighborhood and/or civic service in house nation
- Candidate’s nation’s requirement for the specialized understanding or ability
- Monetary requirement
- Inspiration for graduate research study or research study
- Candidate is from an underrepresented location of the nation and/or kind of university besides a high-level research study organization
For Additional Information: