Deadline: June 30, 2021
Nominations for the Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship 2021-2022 are now open. The Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) will award Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowships to outstanding engineers to recognize, encourage and support translational research by individuals to achieve excellence in engineering, innovation and technology development.
All areas of engineering, innovation and technology are covered by this fellowship. The duration of the fellowship will be initially for three years, extendable by up to two more years depending on the performance. The fellowship can be held for a maximum of 5 years.
- The fellowship amount is Rs. 25,000 per month in addition to regular income.
- A Research grant of Rs.15.00 lakh per annum.
- An Overhead of Rs.1.00 lakh per annum to the host institute.
- The fellowship is taxable as per IT rule of Government of India
- Open to Indian nationals working in India in various capacities of engineering profession in public funded institutions.
- The scheme is also applicable to Overseas Citizens of India working in permanent positions in public funded Institutions in India.
- The applicant should possess adequate professional qualification and hold at least a bachelor’s degree
- This applicant should have a minimum of five (5) years of service left in the parent organization as on the date of the award.
- The applicant should not be holding any other fellowship and in the event of selection, he/she will have to opt for only one of the fellowships.
- The nominations can be sent by the Heads of the Institutions/ organizations, Presidents/fellows of National science/engineering academies, SS Bhatnagar Awardees and JC Bose awardees.
- The nominations will be accepted throughout the year. The nominations received up to June 30, 2021 shall be considered for selection during the Financial Year 2021-22 and those received after June 30, 2021 shall be carried forward to be considered for selection for next financial year 2022-23.
In view of the unprecedented crisis due to impact of COVID-19 Virus, the submission of the Nomination form along with all supporting documents/appendices can be submitted by email as a pdf file to INAE via [email protected], as a special provision for this year. In case, the document is not signed by the nominator, an email should be sent by the nominator authenticating the nomination.
For more information, visit INAE.