Application Due Date: 31 May 2019 at 16: 00 (FELINE)
The Absa L’Atelier art competitors is among Africa’s a lot of distinguished art competitors, and 2019 sees the 34 th version of the competitors. The Absa L’Atelier art competitors benefits young visual artists, aged 21 to 40, with the chance to establish their skills abroad. This is plainly evidenced by the previous winners and the advantages and experience they achieved by getting involved.
Artists who are.
residents and long-term homeowners of Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius,.
Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, the Seychelles, South Africa, Tanzania,.
Uganda, and Zambia and who live in the above nations, are qualified.
to take part in the Absa L’Atelier art competitors and are thus.
welcomed to go into.
The Absa L’Atelier art competitors is hosted each year by Absa in collaboration with the South African National Association for the Visual Arts (SANAVA).
The Ambassadors from each of the 3 Groups get:
- A one-month residency at the Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris
- A two-month residency in South Africa
- While using up their two-month residency in South Africa, the artists will delight in a weekly art masterclass
- A regular monthly stipend throughout their three-month residency
- Protection of all flights, travel-associated expenses, and lodging
- All 3 Absa L’Atelier Ambassadors will use up their residency at the exact same time
- While using up their South African residency, artists will collaborate towards a group exhibit including both private and collective art work
- The exhibit will be recorded in a printed brochure
- Their group exhibit will open in the Absa Gallery within a year after using up their residency and will then take a trip to each artist’s particular nations
3 months’ remain in the Cité Internationale des Arts
The Alliance Française, the Institut Français d’Afrique du Sud and the.
French Embassy are sponsoring the Gerard Sekoto Award for the most.
appealing South African entrant in the Absa L’Atelier aged 25 to35
This reward includes a return flight ticket to Paris, a three-months.
remain in the Cité Internationale des Arts, across the country touring of.
exhibits in France, Institut Français d’Afrique du Sud French.
language lessons. The Cité Internationale des Arts in Paris residencies.
are provided by SANAVA. The duration of Gerard Sekoto Award.
residency is from April to June2020
- Artists are allowed one single entry
- This entry submission requires to be a portfolio of art work
- The entry submission need to include a minimum of 4, and an optimum of 5 various art work comprising their portfolio entry
- Adjudication is done on the entry which includes the portfolio of art work
- All entries need to be sent through the online website
- The portal opens for publishing of entries on the Absa L’Atelier site on 4 April 2019
- All entries close on 31 May 2019 at 16: 00 (FELINE)
- No late submissions will be accepted
- Adjudication is done through the online website
- An overall of 10 (10) images might be published showcasing the artist’s entry
- It is necessary when signing up online and publishing your art work that all fields are finished. Failure to finish all fields will lead to your entry been disqualified
- Any artist aged 21 to 40 years of age might go into the competitors
To Find Out More: