Application Due Date: February 1, 2019 at 11: 59 PM.
The Academy on Person Rights and Humanitarian Law at American University Washington College of Law is happy to ask for the submission of documents for the Human Rights Essay Award. Prospects for the Award need to hold a law degree and have actually a shown experience or interest in global human rights law.
The Human Rights Essay Award is a yearly competitors sponsored by the Academy that looks for to promote the production of academic operate in global human rights law. Individuals have the versatility to pick any subject associated to the appointed subject. The essay needs to be a legal short article.
Essay Award Subject for 2019: The Security of Migrants under International Person Rights Law
1. Prospects for the Award need to hold a law degree and have actually a shown experience or interest in global human rights law.
2. Previous Winners can not send essays in future competitors.
3. To get the Human being Rights Essay Award, prospects need to pick a subject relating to the subject picked by the Academy for the year. Individuals will have the versatility to pick any subject associated to the substantive law pertinent to the field. International human rights law can be comprehended to consist of global humanitarian law and global criminal law. The paper need to be within the scope of the subject or it will be disqualified.
4. A Prospect for the Award need to send an unpublished legal article/paper in English or Spanish composed exclusively by that prospect.
5. Just one submission will be accepted per candidate in either language. If more than one short article is gotten, it will be left as much as the candidate to choose which short article to formally send. Ought to the candidate not show a choice, the very first short article gotten by the Academy will be the one thought about for the competitors.
6. The documents need to not go beyond 35 pages in length, consisting of footnotes. Essays need to utilize Times New Roman typeface, 12- point double-spaced for the body of the essay and 10- point single-spaced for footnotes. Character spacing need to be set to typical. All essays need to be on letter size paper (8.5 x 11 inches/2159 x 27.94 cm) with 1 inch (2.54 cm) margins all around. Any essay that does not follow the standards will be reformatted and 5 points will be removed. If the essay is longer than 35 pages, it will be instantly disqualified. The essay needs to be a legal short article; for that reason, it will consist of foot pages and citations. The lack of those will trigger that the essay will be disqualified.
7 The appropriate format to point out sources remains in single-spaced footnotes. If you have concerns on the correct use of footnotes, please seek advice from the “The Uniform System of Citation: The Bluebook.”
8. Authors ought to not put their name or any recognizing info in their essays.
9. Essays will just be accepted in Word Format
10 In addition, each individual needs to likewise consist of a curriculum vitae of no greater than 3 pages in length discussing the experience or interest of the author in human rights concerns. Please send the CV as a different file from your paper.
11 Any added products besides a CV will not be accepted. Do not consist of a bibliography, a list of sites, or any other additional products. These will be right away disposed of and ruled out.
12 Essays need to be sent utilizing the online submission kind No emailed entries will be accepted.
The Academy will give 2 Awards, one for the very best short article in English and one for the very best short article in Spanish. The Award in each case will include:
- A complete scholarship to the Program of Advanced Research Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Presence alternatives
- Travel expenditures to and from Washington D.C.
- Real estate at the university dormitories
- Daily for living expenditures
- The very best posts might likewise be released in the American University International Law Evaluation
To Learn More: