Deadline: January 14, 2020
Applications are open for the Acumen/IKEA Social Entrepreneurship East Africa Accelerator 2020. In partnership with IKEA Social Entrepreneurship, Acumen has packaged this accelerator program designed to support social entrepreneurs to develop a scalable business model.
This 19-week program will strengthen the capacity of social enterprises in East Africa to scale and improve the lives of the poor and vulnerable. IKEA Social Entrepreneurship is an initiative within IKEA that’s all about making a positive impact. It works with pioneers and pathfinders who use their business as a way to make everyday life better for those who need it most and strives towards a more equal and inclusive society.
Participants in the program will
- Refine and test hypotheses for developing a scalable business model
- Develop a robust social impact and financial strategy
- Gain best practices for forming partnerships to achieve scale
- Learn from practical case studies of other East African social enterprises that have successfully scaled
- Pitch your business to investors and other stakeholders at a final showcase
- Build networks with other entrepreneurs and supporters in East Africa and beyond
- Learn to scale their social enterprise business model
- Receive individualized support from IKEA coaches and Acumen facilitators
- Get to be part of a dynamic peer community of social enterprise leaders
- Get to take part in a final summit to network with investors and supporters
- Have an opportunity to be one of two teams who will be selected for $25,000 in seed funding
You are qualified to apply if you:
- Run a social enterprise (nonprofit or for-profit) based in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, or Ethiopia
- Have demonstrated market traction and are post-revenue
- Have a team equivalent to 3 full time staff
- Focus on promoting livelihoods, equality and inclusion
For more information, visit Acumen-IKEA East Africa Accelerator.