Due Date: November 17, 2018
Require application for the Advancing Young Women Expert Fellows Program 2019 for young Tanzanian, Kenyan, and Ugandan experts is open. The program hosted at Michigan State University (MSU) links Ugandan, Tanzanian and Kenyan agribusiness experts and business owners with their equivalents in Michigan for understanding exchange and capability structure.
The program enhances going to fellows’ abilities in agro-entrepreneurship and agri-food system development, and addresses problems of ladies’s financial empowerment. This is a program of the U.S. Department of State, administered by Michigan State University.
The very first four-week program in the U.S. is set up for April 27- June 1, 2018 and the 2nd for October 12- November 17,2018 Both programs will consist of:
- Part 1: Pre-Departure Orientation prior to take a trip to the U.S.: Program partners and the U.S. Embassies in the 2 nations will perform a pre-departure orientation.
- Part 2: Post-Arrival Orientation in East Lansing, Michigan: The orientation will acquaint the program individuals with each other in addition to the program and subjects to be covered and the U.S.
- Part 3: Three-Week Program in Michigan Communities: Individuals will participate in internships with Michigan organizations and discussion in workshops and conferences with U.S. leaders in financial advancement in the food and farming sector. Fellows will likewise pick, style, and finish an unique job in a location of their own interest. Workshops will integrate discussions and conversations to offer a chance for Fellows to share experiences from their house nations and companies and observations from their internship positionings. Fellows will likewise have the chance of a one-week homestay with an American household.
- Part 4: Three-Day Involvement in the Expert Fellows Congress in Washington D.C.: The Congress will permit individuals the chance to fulfill and share their experience with Fellows from all over the world and take part in discussion to analyze the functions of specific and institutional management in financial advancement and ladies’s financial empowerment.
- 25-40 years of ages
- A resident, nationwide, or irreversible homeowner of Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda
- Is living and operating in Tanzania, Kenya, or Uganda at the time of the application
- Speaks proficient English
- Has at least 2 years of professional/working experience in their field
- Has actually shown management and collective abilities and a dedication to neighborhood
- Has company’s assistance for taking part in the program (for those not self-employed). For those self-employed, has suggestion from regional authorities at the district, county, and/or neighborhood levels
- Has an interest in taking part in a mutual program for American individuals pertaining to your nation
- Choice will be provided to those who remain in an earlier state of their professions
- Choice will be provided to candidates who have not formerly had the chance to take a trip to the United States
They are hiring young Tanzanian, Kenyan, and Ugandan experts from varied backgrounds in personal, public, non-governmental, and education sectors who are either ladies agribusiness business owners or people working to increase ladies’s financial engagement in the farming sector.
- Ladies business owners, social innovators, or little and medium entrepreneur or supervisors and other leaders operating in the farming and food sectors
- People (of any gender) in civil society and NGOs dealing with programs that support ladies in the farming and food sectors in their particular nations
- Policymakers, ministry workers, and others in the general public sector (of any gender) concentrated on supporting and enhancing chances for ladies in the farming or food sector
- Academic personnel (of any gender) who are executing programs to effect advancing ladies in the farming and food sectors
To find out more, see Alliance for African Collaboration