Due Date: October 31, 2018
Applications are open for the AfDB Japan Africa Dream Scholarship (JADS) Program 2018/2019 The JADS Program is a joint effort by the AfDB and Japan that targets at offering two-year scholarship awards to extremely accomplishing African college student to allow them to go through post-graduate research studies in top priority advancement locations on the continent and abroad (consisting of in Japan).
The overarching objective that the AfDB and the Federal government of Japan looks for to achieve is to improve abilities and personnels advancement in Africa in a variety of top priority locations relating to science and innovation with an unique concentrate on the energy sector.
JADS’s goals are lined up with the Bank’s High 5 program (i.e. Illuminate and power Africa, Feed Africa, Industrialize Africa, Integrate Africa and Enhance the lifestyle for individuals of Africa) and essential Japanese advancement help efforts to Africa and the sixth Tokyo International Conference for African Advancement (TICAD VI) results.
The JADS Scholarship supplies the recipient with the following advantages:
- Economy class flight in between your house nation and the host university at the start of the research study program and right away following completion of the scholarship duration
- Tuition for a graduate program and the expense of standard medical insurance coverage typically acquired through the university
- A regular monthly subsistence allowance to cover living costs, consisting of books
- Candidates need to be a nationwide of a AfDB member nation;-LRB- **************).
- Remain in health;-LRB- **************).
- Hold a Bachelor (or comparable) degree in the energy location (or associated field) made a minimum of 1 years prior to the application deadline date;-LRB- **************).
- Have 1 years or more of current development-related experience after making a Bachelor (or comparable) degree;-LRB- **************).
- Be accepted unconditionally to enlist in the upcoming scholastic year in a minimum of among the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree;-LRB- **************).
- Candidates living or operating in a nation besides his/her house nation are not qualified for scholarships;-LRB- **************).
- JADS does not support candidates who are currently registered in academic degree programs;-LRB- **************).
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or personnel of all kinds of visits of the African Advancement Bank Group or a close relative of the abovementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” specified as: Mom, Daddy, Sibling, Half-sister, Bro, Half-brother, Child, Child, Auntie, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
How to Use
- Candidate finishes JADS application
- Candidate sends out files (application, university records and certificate, CV, expert recommendations and research study proposition), to the JADS Secretariat for very first screening
- JADS Secretariat sends out shortlist of prospects to picked Japanese universities
- Universities does 2nd screening and share picked trainees with JADS Secretariat
- JADS Secretariat advises recipients based upon its choice requirements to the Japanese Executive Director for approval
- AfDB contacts picked recipients, and notifies partner universities.
For additional information, see JADS Program