Application Due Date: August 31, 2019
The Japan Africa Scholarship (JADS) Program— capability structure in energy sector through abilities advancement for sustainable advancement– is a joint effort by the AfDB and Japan that focuses on offering two-year scholarship awards to extremely accomplishing African college student to allow them to go through post-graduate research studies (i.e. a two-year Master’s degree program) in top priority advancement locations on the continent and abroad (consisting of in Japan). This JADS program is moneyed by the Federal government of Japan.
The overarching objective that the AfDB and the Federal government of Japan looks for to achieve is to boost abilities and personnels advancement in Africa in a variety of top priority locations relating to science and innovation with an unique concentrate on the energy sector. JADS’s goals are lined up with the Bank’s High 5 program (i.e. Illuminate and power Africa, Feed Africa, Industrialize Africa, Integrate Africa and Enhance the lifestyle for individuals of Africa) and essential Japanese advancement help efforts to Africa and the 6 th Tokyo International Conference for African Advancement (TICAD VI) results.
The JADS Program is open to candidates from AfDB.
member nations with pertinent expert experience and a history of.
supporting their nations’ advancement efforts who are using to a.
academic degree program in energy advancement and associated discipline.
The program does not supply scholarships to any other academic degree.
The scholarship program supplies tuition, a month-to-month living stipend, round-trip airline tickets, medical insurance, and travel allowance.
Upon conclusion of their research studies, the recipient scholars are anticipated to go back to their house nations to use and share their recently gotten understanding and abilities, and add to the promo of sustainable advancement of their nations.
Broadly speaking, nationals of African nations should:
- Be a nationwide of a AfDB member nation;-LRB- *****************).
- Remain in health;-LRB- *****************).
a Bachelor (or comparable) degree in the energy location (or associated field).
made a minimum of 1 years prior to the application deadline date;-LRB- *****************).
- Have 1 years or more of current development-related experience after making a Bachelor (or comparable) degree;-LRB- *****************).
accepted unconditionally to register in the upcoming scholastic year in at.
least among the JADS partner universities for a Master’s degree;-LRB- *****************).
- Candidates living or operating in a nation aside from his/her house nation are not qualified for scholarships.
- JADS does not support candidates who are currently registered in academic degree programs.
be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or personnel of all types.
of visits of the African Advancement Bank Group or a close.
relative of the previously mentioned by blood or adoption with the term “close.
relative” specified as: Mom, Dad, Sibling, Half-sister, Sibling,.
Half-brother, Child, Child, Auntie, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
* Please keep in mind: All eligibility requirements are strictly abided by. No exceptions are made. Eligibility requirements will not modification throughout an open require applications. Nevertheless, this details undergoes alter in between the close of one application procedure and the opening of the next.
The JADS Scholarship supplies the recipient with the following advantages:
- Economy class flight in between your house nation and the host university at the start of the research study program and right away following completion of the scholarship duration.
- Tuition for a graduate program and the expense of standard medical insurance coverage generally gotten through the university.
- A month-to-month subsistence allowance to cover living costs, consisting of books.
1. Candidate finishes JADS application
Candidate sends out files (application, university records and.
certificate, CV, expert recommendations and research study proposition), to the.
JADS Secretariat for very first screening through [email protected]
3. JADS Secretariat sends out shortlist of prospects to chosen Japanese universities
4. Universities does 2nd screening and share chosen trainees with JADS Secretariat
5. JADS Secretariat advises recipients based upon its choice requirements to the Japanese Executive Director for approval.
6. AfDB contacts chosen recipients, and notifies partner universities.
For Additional Information: