Due Date: February 11, 2019
Applications for the First Edition of the very first two-phase Afresist Youth Management Program are open! Afresist Youth Management Program (AYLP) is a management program is developed to support and train youth who have an interest in advocacy in addition to those who are finding their location and function in society. It targets youth from varied backgrounds throughout Africa, consisting of rural and city. It targets at training youth to draw from their environment, history and native knowledge systems to produce social modification that welcomes addition and variety.
The Afresist Youth Management Program (AYLP) was developed by activists of Afrika Youth Motion (AYM) and is rooted in the belief that African youth can be daily pan-Africanists, daily leaders, daily activists. AYM is Africa’s biggest youth-led Pan-African motion that pursues the involvement, advancement, and management of African youth to accomplish their rights to peace, equality and social justice.
Are you a young African aged in between 18-25 years of ages?
Curious about Pan-Africanism?
Wish to belong to a brand-new generation of young Pan-Africanists?
Wish to find & (re) picture the system of worths a youth leader requires to understand favorable social modification?
Wish to be empowered to declare your firm and identity as a young African leader?
Wish to review your location in Africa’s present and future to begin constructing the Africa we desire?
If yes then this chance is for you!
About the Program
The two-phase program uses 2 weeks of extensive training which offers individuals with an experience that will equip them with abilities, understanding and network to own and develop the Africa We Desired! There will be online activities and engagement which will occur throughout the program; and 2 ‘in person’ trainings on the continent.
Centred on Pan-African approach, individuals will get understanding on different theoretical and useful techniques that consist of:
- Intersectional Analysis
- African Management and Knowledge
- Postcolonial Africa
- Principle of Power
- African-inspired self-care tools
- Intergenerational discussion
- African Art and Spirituality
- African Ladies’s knowledge
In a nutshell, individuals will be finding out and sharing experiences to show, team up and co-create their vision for Africa.
Financing and Advantages
The program covers:
- Complete and partial scholarships will be offered to picked candidates.
- Complete scholarship consists of travel, lodging and program registration.
- Partial scholarship consists of lodging and program registration.
- Program products that includes African films, literature, art, case research studies
- Certificate of ending up being an “Afresist Leader” after conclusion of the complete program
- Africans living in Africa
- 18-25 years of ages at the time of sending the application
- Have great efficiency in English
- Have an authentic interest in individual development and self-empowerment
- Be striving or young leaders in their neighborhoods
For additional information, go to Afresist