Deadline: November 7, 2021
Applications for the Africa ClimAccelerator Program 2021 are now open. The Africa ClimAccelerator is the first Pan-African climate accelerator focused on supporting the most promising climate impact ideas and those who put the objective of enhancing sustainability at the forefront of their own mission and growth.
The 6-month long accelerator provides the support you need to validate your start-up’s business model, build solid customer traction, structure your organization, prepare you to raise early-stage funding, and explore how (through your business model) you can generate maximum social and environmental benefit.
- Maximise your climate and social impact
- Access to specialised business knowledge and expertise
- Access a network of business and technical mentors
- Peer-to-peer learning
- Connect with investors
- Funding support: €12,000 in grant funding
- Join a growing community
- Open to start-ups developing a transformative climate solution that bring a social and environmental value in the themes of land use, circular economy, blue economy, energy efficiency or other climate themes.
- Start-ups must be registered or plan to register (by end of the program) in any African country.
- Proof of concept exists, (ideally) with a proven need for the solution, main pain points mapped, feedback/validations already received from potential customers, a tested prototype/minimum viable product created, and a roadmap designed.
- At least 1 member of the team being full-time on the business/project
- The team/start-up should be committed to participate in the program activities.
- The team/start-up is expected to be able to participate in a program fully delivered in English.
Applications will close on November 7, 2021 at midnight (Nairobi EAT). Late applications will not be accepted. Once they review your applications, you will be invited to proceed onwards in the selection process. The start-ups that are selected to participate will be invited to a program Kickoff.