Application Deadline: September 14, 2018.
Every year, Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) funds five scholarships for outstanding individuals from Nigeria and Ghana to pursue the Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government (BSG), University of Oxford. AIG Scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
To achieve the goal of being a catalyst for public sector transformation, AIG will every year, for five years starting in 2017, fund five scholarships for outstanding West Africans from all backgrounds who are passionate about the public sector, to pursue the Master of Public Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government , University of Oxford.
The AIG Scholarships are fully funded scholarships which covers fees, accommodation and living expenses
Scholarships Programme is targeted at graduates between the ages of 25 and 35, some of whom may have work experience.Scholars will be exceptionally intelligent graduates who have transcend academically as well as in other areas of their lives.
- Citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Age between 25 and 35 years
- Achieved an academic standing sufficiently advanced to ensure admission to the University of Oxford and the MPP programme. This means a first-class or strong upper second-class undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Strong commitment to public service and a willingness to commit to working for a fixed number of years in your country’s public sector
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and resultant impact
- Impeccable moral character
- We will only contact applicants shortlisted for the next stage of the selection process and any inquiries regarding individual application status are strictly prohibited. Applications sent via post or in person are also NOT acceptable.
- Candidates who emerge as finalists in the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) selection process will be expected to apply directly to the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford, for admissions. Finalists who are offered admission to the Master of Public Policy will be considered by the School in the final selection of AIG Scholars.
For More Information: