Application Due Date: January 25 th 2019
The AfOx Checking Out Fellows Program is created to improve scholastic movement and network structure. The program supports African scholars and scientists operating in any discipline to invest durations of versatile time in Oxford, for instance as sabbatical leave for making use of library or other university centers or carrying out or preparing collective research study with Oxford based coworkers.
- Going to Fellows need to be of postdoctoral or comparable status at the time of application.
- Candidates need to be holding a consultation in an African scholastic or research study organization at the time of application.
- For the AfOx Collaborative Fellowship you are needed to go into the information of the proposed Oxford host scholastic and the department at which you plan to undertake your fellowship in the application.
- You might currently have actually developed links or, additionally, can browse the AfOx database for prospective partners and call them prior to making the application. Please engage with and settle on the proposed task with your Oxford host prior to making the application. Applications sent out without the authorization and assistance letter from the proposed Oxford host will be right away disqualified. The AfOx Collaborative Fellowship is the just one needing an Oxford partner. All other fellowship plans do no need a partner.
The Oxford partners will host the fellows in their particular departments and supply scholastic assistance throughout the fellowship. The Oxford host will be needed to send out a declaration of assistance suggesting their determination to be the scholastic contact throughout the fellowship. It ought to remain in PDF format, on headed paper, and signed. Any applications got whose declarations do not match these requirements will be thought about disqualified.
Please keep in mind for The AfOx Collaborative Fellowship you need to: engage with and settle on the proposed task with your Oxford host prior to making the application. Applications sent out without the authorization and assistance letter from the proposed Oxford host will be right away disqualified.
- The Fellows selected will be offered with an en-suite, single tenancy research study bed room with all meals offered in the host College. A momentary University card for and short-term subscription to the college Senior Typical Space will be approved for the duration of residency.
- The fellowship will likewise consist of air travel, visa charge and an upkeep allowance for incidental costs.
The fellowships will be carried out for 4 to 8 weeks in between July and September2019 Under specific scenarios, begin dates outside this time duration might be thought about. Please know that applications will be evaluated, in part, on the basis of the work you plan to accomplish in the timescale you set out.
Applicants will be asked in the application to supply their favored start date of the Going to Fellowship, in between July and September2019 Applications wanting to begin outside this time duration might be thought about. AfOx will deal with effective candidates and their scholastic hosts to set the precise start date taking into consideration college schedule and other factors to consider.
- Applications will be evaluated mostly on the quality and worth included of the proposed research study program, the fit in between the candidate and the Oxford host, and the expediency of the proposed activities in the timescale of the fellowship.
Effective candidates will be called no behind 2 months from the application closing date. If you have actually not heard back from us within 2 months please presume your application was unsucccesful. We will not have the ability to supply specific feedback to not successful candidates.
For any additional queries please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Details: