Due Date: December 12, 2019
Applications are open for the AfricaLics Checking Out PhD Fellowship Program 2020/2021 The objective of the going to fellowship program and the scholarships is to assist African PhD trainees operating in the field of Development and Advancement to enhance their academic/research credentials; enhance quality of their argumentations and get ready for a profession in development and advancement either within academic community or outdoors (e.g. in the economic sector or in government/policy making).
The going to fellowship program does this by increasing the global movement and level of direct exposure of the PhD trainees to global understanding in the field of development and advancement. The program kinds part of the efforts by AfricaLics to add to the advancement of a dynamic research study neighborhood in Africa in this emerging and extremely multidisciplinary field.
The Swedish Advancement Company, Sida (Stockholm) offers financing for the going to scholarships as part of the task Enhancing research study capability on Development and Advancement in Africa through the African Network on Knowing, Development and Skills Structure Systems (AfricaLics)– Stage II (2017-2021).
- Travel expenses (economy class) and medical insurance will be covered, however trainees need to be signed up with the Danish authorities prior to the medical insurance ends up being active. This might take a while. Trainees should for that reason get their own medical insurance for the very first 2 weeks of the stay.
- The going to scholars will get a stipend of 16,000 DKK each month (comparable to app. 2140 USD based on September 2020). This consists of funds for lodging. Tax exemption needs to be gotten after the prospects get here and can not be ensured, so it is recommended to bring additional funds for the very first 2 months of the going to fellowship duration. If a contract is made that Danida Fellowship Centre in Copenhagen houses the going to fellow, the stipend quantity might alter.
- A set quantity is readily available to cover trainee involvement in chosen course activities and for guidance (over and above the stipend).
- Financing is readily available for arranging trilateral conferences in between the PhD trainee, the primary manager from house organization and the AAU coach throughout the research study duration at AAU.
- The scholarship covers just costs associated to the go to of the trainee him/herself. Expenses connected to accompanying partners, kids or others are not covered. Regrettably, this fellowship can not support accompanying member of the family and they highly motivate fellows to not bring member of the family for the research study go to as this will minimize time readily available for concentrating on the PhD work.
- Be registered as a PhD trainee at a university in Africa.
- Have actually finished their very first year of research studies by July 2020 (upgrade/probation)
- Have a background (BSc, MSc and so on) within Economics, Sociology, Government, Science and Innovation Policy, Location, History or Advancement Research Studies. Candidates might likewise work within the STEM (science, innovation, engineering or mathematics) topics and even producing however from a social science point of view.
- Have sufficient abilities in English (documents might be asked for. Language tests that are accepted are noted on the AAU websites)
- Be working actively on a subject appropriate to the field of development and advancement as specified above.
- Send a short application 1 page/500 words discussing own background, inspiration for using and anticipated results of involvement in the AfricaLics PhD going to fellowship program
The application should be accompanied by the following files:
- Short overview of your present PhD task consisting of training strategy (max. 5 pages)
- RÃ©sumÃ©– CV (consisting of PhD courses participated in up until now)
- Letter of assistance from the primary PhD manager verifying that the PhD trainee will have finished her/his upgrade/probation by end August 2020
- Letter of assistance from the University Administration at the university where the PhD trainee is registered
- Copies of scholastic certificates (copies of Bachelor and Master Certificates as a minimum)
- One composing sample (short article or chapter) from present PhD program
You are not anticipated to send a copy of your passport when requesting the PhD going to fellowship program. If you are used the scholarship, they will ask you to validate that you have a passport that stands throughout of the scholarship and a minimum of 6 months after (or whatever is needed at the time of application for home and work allow in Denmark).
For more details, go to AfricaLics