Due Date: October 4, 2019
The Africa India Movement Fund (AIMF) is now accepting applications from African and Indian researchers who want to perform gos to of approximately 3 months in either instructions.
The AIMF is a collaboration in between The African Academy of Sciences (The AAS) and the Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance (India Alliance) that has actually been running considering that April 2018 to promote cooperation in between African and Indian researchers. Travel grants which look for to develop links in between African and Indian scientists that cultivate a culture of cooperation will act as a car to enhance research study capability and construct management in biomedical and medical research study for Africa and India.
The AIMF begins the heels of the Third India-Africa Online forum Top kept in 2015, where Presidents embraced the Delhi Statement restoring their dedication to deal with each other, and describing the top priority locations and methods which Africa and India can interact to enhance the lives of their individuals.
- The award will cover straight sustained expenses approximately $5,000/ INR 325,000 for travel lasting approximately 3 months. This is to cover the candidate’s air travel (at Economy class) and subsistence whilst on the check out. Incomes and costs to go to conferences will not be qualified. An extra $2,500 might be asked for lab reagents, nevertheless, the choice to award the additional funds will be on case by case basis upon reason of the requirements.
- The quantity of each specific award will differ according to area and timescale. For instance, if remaining for a 3-month positioning, the candidate might be anticipated to source university lodging, or a short-term let. Nevertheless, if checking out for a week, a hotel or equivalent might be better. The choice committee will think about whether the costs are affordable and might request modified costing.
- Candidates should be nationals of India or nationals of nations within Africa;-LRB- **************).
- They must be based either in Africa or in India, and must be associated with an identified scholastic, medical, research study organization, or other comparable organizations. Those based at for-profit organisations are not qualified;-LRB- **************).
- The call is likewise open up to non-African private investigators who should be resident in Africa or Overseas Person of India (proof might be asked for), have an appointment/affiliation with an African/Indian organization, and their house and period of service with the selecting African/Indian organization ought to cover the period of the award;-LRB- **************).
- Travel must be in between an African nation and India and can be in either instructions. Travel within Africa can likewise be sought for an engagement of more than one African nation with India;-LRB- **************).
- Candidates should have a PhD/MD or comparable research study credentials and hold a long-term or fixed-term agreement in a qualified organization, which should cover the period of the job;-LRB- **************).
- Cooperation must concentrate on a single job including scientists in Africa and India, respectively;-LRB- **************).
- A candidate is qualified to get just one grant annually.
- The prospect– proof of clinical performance history or accomplishments (if young scientist) in the defined job location and showed interest in teaming up with India/Africa.
- The proposition– clinical quality and expediency of the proposition.
- Proof that the grant will assist in clinical exchange that would otherwise not be possible from range. Proof of included worth for attending to the illness area/challenge and for promoting Africa-India cooperation.
All application must be sent through The AAS Grants Management System
In addition, candidates will be needed to supply the following info at the application phase, to allow us to evaluate their eligibility to get travel awards:
- A letter of assistance from their scholastic supervisor/line supervisor, and verification of assistance from the particular head of department or organization
- Verification of assistance from hosting researchers’ organization
Applications should be sent in English.
For additional information, check out AIMF