Deadline: January 2, 2022
Are you running a business incubator, accelerator or fund that supports businesses to start up and grow? Are you interested in growing your entrepreneurship support organization to the next level? Do you want to boost the quality of your programs, engage more effectively with your community, and sustain your work and impact? Apply now for the African Development Bank (AfDB) Innovation Lab ESO360 Program 2022.
ESO360 works with your entrepreneurship support organizations (ESO) to strengthen organizational sustainability and the quality of entrepreneur support services you offer. The Program uses a unique and tailored approach, that considers the development of your ESO from multiple angles through a 360-degree assessment and support, for the holistic growth of your organization. They first understand the needs and priorities of your ESO, and then develop and deliver a combination of training workshops, guidance, and best practices as needed.
Through the Program, you will:
- Self-assess – Assess your strengths and capacities in entrepreneurship support service delivery.
- Strengthen your support to entrepreneurs – Strengthen and improve entrepreneurship support and BDS services and skills; training topics could include but are not limited to: Investment readiness (for entrepreneurs and ESOs), business planning, developing fundraising programs, etc.
- Get certified – Certification provided by Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Improve your fundraising strategy – Assess your strengths and capacities in organization sustainability, communications and fundraising.
- Individualized growth planning and capacity development – Leverage the Hub Collective to develop your own growth plan to boost your ESO’s communications and fundraising preparedness and capacities. Training topics could include but are not limited to: Grant fundraising strategy, revenue and income source planning, donor and private sector engagement, etc.
- Gain experience – Gain practical experience and best practices through tailored support and active engagement with other ESOs.
- Leverage the VC4A startup academy – Use top business courses of the VC4A Startup Academy for blended learning sessions within your startup support programs.
- Gain access to VC4A partner tools – Be onboarded and get access to VC4A application and selection tools to manage your venture pipeline in a smart way.
- Applicants based in Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria or South Africa;
- At least two years of business activities and audited accounts;
- Having grown to a team of 5+ full-time employees (including founders);
- At least two finalized incubation/acceleration programs implemented with at least 20 supported and/ or 10 companies invested in;
- At least one member of the executive team is available to participate for virtual training and support between April and June 2022.
- Management and Leadership – 30%
- Sustainability and Aspirations – 30%
- Programs and Impact – 25%
- Community and Communications – 15%
They invite eligible business incubators, accelerators and fund managers to apply for this capacity development and support program.
For more information, visit AfDB ESO360.