Due Date: October 10, 2018
Applications for the 2019 African Doctoral Academy (ADA) Summertime School at Stellenbosch University are now open. In granting this financing, the goal is to provide effective prospects the chance to go to an ADA Doctoral School and hang around at a first-rate research study university, developing their specific capability and strength for the journey ahead.
This Summer season the ADA will use 19 courses over 3 weeks that includes a non-compulsory preparatory course followed by week-long courses in Research study Style and Method (Quantitative and Qualitative), Mixed Approaches Research study Style in addition to courses in analytical strategies and software application applications (such as SPSS, R and ATLAS.ti), Getting Ready For a PhD, Composing and Publishing posts and training in Doctoral Guidance.
Effective prospects will be granted the following as part of the program:
- 2, week-long courses at the ADA Summertime School
- The alternative to go to a preparatory course (03– 05 January), in addition to a one day course (12 January)
- Self-catering lodging in Stellenbosch
- Transportation to go to the V&A Waterside in Cape Town on Sunday 13 January.
- Return Economy air travel to and from Cape Town International Airport, if suitable
- Ground Transportation to and from Cape Town International Airport
- They ask for that the prospect’s house organization sponsors the prospect’s everyday subsistence allowance and visa charges if required, as a token of excellent faith in assistance of their PhD prospect.
- Open to delegates throughout South Africa and Africa, in addition to a choose number awards for SU prospects based in Stellenbosch;-LRB- ************).
- Qualified prospects can be from any discipline and will be registered at their house organizations by February 2019 and have actually been registered for no greater than 12 months by 1 February 2019;-LRB- ************).
- If your application depends on the bursary, they recommend that you wait on the result prior to using to prevent duplication;-LRB- ************).
- Stellenbosch University signed up prospects can use through this stream– they consist of a field to suggest your association with the university;-LRB- ************).
- Choice will be provided to prospects from Africa.
- Candidates should total the online type to send their information and use to participate in the program. This consists of a field with a 300 word inspiration of how the Summer season School would benefit your research study and track as a PhD prospect.
- Applicants need to publish the following files as part of the application procedure. No files will be accepted by e-mail. Please utilize the following identifying convention: your surname.document _ type.programme (for instance smit.curriculumvitae.edp.doc). Your application will not be thought about as total if you do not send all the needed paperwork completely. In this case and you will be not able to send the type if all files are not published:.
- A 300 word inspiration on why you would take advantage of the residency in basic, and particularly how the workshops picked would help and contribute to the effective conclusion of your degree (in line on the type)
- RÃ©sumÃ© (Resume)
- Quick description of your research study (approximately 400 words)
- A composed approval/ referee report.
- On your university letterhead & including your manager’s signature by the present (house) manager or head of department to back the candidate’s application. This will suggest the house manager’s approval for the candidate to take part in the ADA’s Summer season School and offer authenticity of candidate’s intent.
- They will a ward a bonus offer point throughout the examination procedure if your manager likewise mentions your case and your viability for the program, in addition to merely backing your application.
- Evidence of registration where possible, otherwise a different inspiration from the house manager is needed, validating registration by February 2019.
For additional information, see ADA Summertime School