Deadline: August 15, 2021
Applications are invited for the African-German Young Leaders in Business Program 2021. The African-German Young Leaders Program brings together young leaders from Africa and Germany in a long-term business network.
The direct encounter and cooperation between the participants is intended to strengthen the African-German dialogue and lay the foundation for a new economic cooperation. A jury selects 40 young executives, 20 from Germany and a total of 20 from Rwanda, Ghana and Ethiopia. These will be invited to a digital event lasting several days in October 2021.
2021 AGYLE Theme: Crisis as a chance – young leaders prototyping the future
Using the current example of the COVID-19 pandemic, it is possible to experience in real time how our everyday life – whether living, working or learning – has to change and adapt. But how can this change be proactively and future-proofed and how can economic cooperation in particular enable a healthy, safe, fair and sustainable life?
- AGYLE Week and Business Network: The selected executives are invited to the joint AGYLE week and have the opportunity to network intensively and to develop innovative business models and solutions. In addition, the selected executives are included in an exclusive business network so that they can stay in touch over the long term and sustainable business relationships develop beyond the program. In 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the event will initially be held digitally.
- Virtual Design Thinking Lab: The heart of the joint week is a virtual Design Thinking Lab, in which mixed teams develop selected ideas and business models. The most innovative and most promising idea will be awarded a prize by a jury in a closing event. The week is rounded off by virtual panel discussions, keynote speeches, bar camps, company tours and cultural activities.
You are a young manager up to the age of 40
- from the fields of business, politics and media;
- from Germany, Ghana, Ethiopia or Rwanda;
- who has already taken on initial managerial responsibility in her job;
- who is socially committed in addition to her professional activity;
- who is interested in African-German topics;
- shows willingness to actively participate in the business network.
In addition to a résumé, a reference letter and a letter of motivation, all applicants must also submit a short, personal video statement. A jury will decide on all submitted documents after the official application deadline.
The application and all documents must be completed using the application form by August 15, 2021.
For more information, visit AGYLE.