Due Date: April 30, 2019
The African Management Centre (ALC) is accepting applications for the Peace, Security and Advancement Fellowship for African Scholars beginning in September2019 The program looks for to support junior African Scholars thinking about pursuing professions in peace and security, and to equip them with the abilities required to attain this.
This Fellowship covers an 18- month duration, making up an extensive training and research study program on peace, security and advancement, that includes a 12- Month MSc program at King’s College London and a six-month accessory to an African University to carry out an independent research study task. The Fellowship program is developed to expose junior African scholars to the intricacies of security and advancement problems dealing with the African continent.
A vital element of the Fellowship experience includes connecting the Fellows to Universities in Africa that run programs in the locations of advancement, peace and security; and where Fellows take part in mentor and research study. The program looks for to add to constructing scholastic knowledge on peace and security that is grounded in the pursuit of quality and stability. Financing for this effort is supplied by the Carnegie Corporation of New York City.
The Program is divided into 2 stages:
- The very first stage includes a 12- month training program based at King’s College London. This stage includes full-time research study for the MSc Security, Management and Society at the ALC, King’s College London in addition to mentoring sessions on Peace and Security, Management and Advancement, provided by a network of prominent specialists on these problems. Throughout this duration, the Fellows research study and go to different worldwide organizations operating in the field of peace and security. Fellows likewise take part in a simulation workshop, by reacting to mock dispute management scenarios based upon an existing occasion, in a public discussion.
- For the 2nd stage, Fellows are connected to pick partner universities in Africa, for a duration of 6 months. Throughout this time Fellows work as professor and/or scientists within these organizations, and add to scholastic and policy research study to name a few activities. This stage is developed to motivate the dissemination and exchange of concepts on the problems that were studied throughout the very first stage of the program. In addition, throughout this stage Fellows will hang out at the ALC in Nairobi for brief durations where they will be needed to carry out research study and provide research study documents on peace, security and advancement in Africa.
This is a totally moneyed chance, not consisting of any visa application and processing expenses. Funds will be offered to cover tuition, subsistence in the UK and Africa, lodging, research-related expenses, and all travel expenditures associated with the program. 1 Nevertheless, effective candidates are anticipated to discover their own lodging both in the UK and Africa. In the UK effective prospects will have the ability to look for University of London lodging, and they can likewise make their own lodging plans. Prospects are highly encouraged to make all required lodging plans well in advance of using up their positions at King’s College London.
- Prospects need to have citizenship in an African nation. % aa; Effective prospects need to hold legitimate travel files prior to approval.
- The competitors is open ONLY to junior professor based in universities in Africa from departments of government; worldwide relations; history; law; advancement research studies; peace; security and dispute research studies, and associated departments.
- Prospects require to show an interest in pursuing professions in the field of peace, security and advancement. Previous research study or engagement with the problems of security and advancement is not needed. Nevertheless, prospects need to show a fundamental familiarity with these problems.
- Prospects need to furthermore have the ability to show capability to carry out research study on problems associating with peace and security in Africa. Effective prospects will be connected to a Research study Cluster where they will deal with ALC Research study Associates and Senior Citizen Research study Fellows to carry out research study on choose elements of the ALC Research Study Program on “Peace, Society and the State in Africa”.
- Prospects will be anticipated to have a clear intend on how to use understanding acquired in the Fellowship upon going back to their nations and scholastic organizations.
- Prospects need to be proficient in spoken and composed English.
- Prospects need to have the ability to show the following worths throughout the application stage: Independent believing; Stability; Pursuit of quality; and regard for variety in all its types.
Applicants to the Fellowship Program need to make private effective applications to the MSc Security, Management and Society at King’s College London by 23: 59 hrs, 30 April 2019.
The MSc is a different however parallel application treatment dealt with by King’s College London, instead of ALC. To be accepted on to the Fellowship, candidates need to be accepted on both the MSc program by King’s and the Fellowship Program by ALC.
To find out more, go to African Management Centre