Due Date: April 30, 2019
Applications are open for the African Research Studies Association (ASA) Bethwell A. Ogot Book Reward 2019 The Reward is granted yearly at the ASA Yearly Satisfying to the author of the very best book on East African Research studies released in the previous fiscal year.
The award was enabled by a generous bequest from the late Kennell Jackson, Ph.D., a historian of African history at Stanford University who died in2005 At Prof. Jackson’s demand, the award has actually been developed to honor Dr. Bethwell A. Ogot, the prominent Kenyan historian and public servant.
- Academic works released in any nation, in any language in the previous fiscal year are qualified for the award;-LRB- ***************).
- Edited collections, brand-new editions of formerly released works, bibliographies, dictionaries and works of fiction are not qualified;-LRB- ***************).
- For the functions of this award East Africa is specified to consist of the areas of present day Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Sudan, Southern Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia (as made up at self-reliance), Djibouti, Eritrea, and Mauritius.
- For the functions of this reward, academic works will be comprehended broadly to include works notified by an understanding of the scholarship in an offered field or fields. In making its choice the reward committee will pay specific attention to significance, creativity and quality of composing.
- To choose a book, publishers need to send out an election letter laying out the book’s significance. They need to offer their name, publisher, address, e-mail address, telephone, fax, the title( s) chosen, and a copy of each title to each member of the 2019 Ogot Reward Committee.
- The ASA extremely motivates publishers to send chosen titles in PDF type, as this will enable the association to be more reliable in guaranteeing that academics that are taking a trip and/or are based in Africa can take part in the reward committee and have access to the chosen titles.
Please likewise send out an e-mail suggesting the contact individual, publisher, address, e-mail address, telephone, fax, and the title( s) of the chosen publication( s) to the African Research Studies Association at [email protected]
To find out more, check out Bethwell A. Ogot Book Reward