Due Date: July 7, 2019
Are you thinking about Africa and is your Masters thesis on an associated topic? If so, the African Research Studies Centre Leiden is providing you the possibility. Get the African Research Studies Centre Leiden (ASCL) Africa Thesis Award 2019
The award intends to motivate trainee research study and composing on Africa and to promote the research study of African cultures and societies. It exists every year to a trainee whose master’s thesis has actually been finished on the basis of research study performed on Africa.
- The award includes a reward of EUR500, and publication of the winning thesis in the ASCL’s African Research studies Collection.
- Final-year trainees who have actually finished their master’s thesis at a university in Africa or the Netherlands can use;-LRB- ***************).
- For the thesis, trainees should have gotten a minimum of 80% or a Dutch ranking of 8. Trainees from non-Dutch universities who have grade A or comparable might likewise use if the accompanying letter from the manager validates and supports the grade rating.
- The thesis: The thesis needs to be based upon independent empirical research study associated to Africa in among the topics noted in the following area and should have been taken a look at in the twelve months prior to the due date for sending manuscripts. The thesis can be sent if it is composed in English, French or Dutch. If the thesis remains in Dutch, a five-page English or French summary needs to likewise be connected.
- Topic of the thesis: Any thesis thematically associated to socio-geographical, financial, political, juridical or anthropological concerns or concentrating on the liberal arts, such as history, religious beliefs and literature, can be sent. Its geographical focus needs to be Africa or its migrant neighborhoods somewhere else on the planet. The thesis should be socially pertinent.
- Quality of the thesis: The ASCL looks for to draw in theses that stand apart in regards to subject and show a sound methodological technique. The jury connects value to an initial technique and insight, and to the importance of the research study to a clinical understanding of the concerns covered. In addition, the jury will think about the significance of the thesis in relation to development-related concerns, its design and readability and its interest for the public.
If a trainee or his/her manager feels that his/her master’s thesis benefits an award due to the fact that of its quality and creativity, the thesis might be sent. Every submission should consist of:
- An digital variation of the thesis
- A summary of the thesis ( max 500 words)
- A signed recommendation letter from the trainee’s manager including the grade and information of the quality of the thesis and the university from which the trainee has actually finished
Applications that are not finish will not be processed. All files can be sent out to [email protected]
To find out more, go to ASCL Africa Thesis Award