Due Date: August 4, 2019
Applications for the African Research Studies Centre Leiden (ASCL) Research Study Fellowship Program 2020 are now open. The Fellowship offers going to research study fellows the opportunity to utilize their time in Leiden for information analysis and/or writing, frequently on a joint task with several ASCL team member.
A checking out research study fellowship is for an optimum of 90 days. Research study fellows are divided over 3 durations of 3 months each: January-February-March, April-May-June, September-October-November. An application needs to consist of an aspect of partnership with a scientist of the African Research Studies Centre Leiden. The output of that partnership can be a joint workshop or workshop, a joint research study proposition, or a joint publication.
A research study fellowship consists of:
- A return ticket (economy class).
- A day-to-day stipend to cover living costs.
- Lodging in Leiden: a fellow is supplied with his/her own single bed/sitting space. Bathroom and kitchen are to be shown an optimum of 2 other fellows (male/female). If the used lodging is unaccaptable for the fellow he/she is asked for to search for alternative lodging him/herself. Alternative lodging will not be spent for by the fellowship.
- A medical/liability insurance coverage (please note that this insurance coverage does not cover the expense of treatment of a pre-existing medical condition).
- Making use of (shared) workplace centers and of library centers.
- Candidates need to hold a PhD degree, by the time of using;-LRB- ***************).
- Have actually performed research study, as part of the PhD and/or in later jobs; with a concentrate on Africa;-LRB- ***************).
- Be actively pursuing an academic/research profession;-LRB- ***************).
- Have actually released books, book chapters and/or journal short articles in the last few years that satisfy global requirements;-LRB- ***************).
- In accordance with visa guidelines, be prepared to go back to the nation of which he/she is a person and/or an existing homeowner upon conclusion of the fellowship.
In the evaluation of applications that satisfy these requirements:
- Choice will be provided to candidates based in Africa. ‘Africa’ here describes the member states of the African Union. ‘Based in’ Africa is comprehended to suggest having actually resided in Africa throughout a minimum of 2 of the last 4 years; and
- Focus will be put on the quality, planned outputs and expediency of the research study task proposed for the fellowship.
For more details, see ASCL Fellowship