Application Due Date: Sunday 25 th of August 2019 00: 00
The African Union Commission, through the Department of Social Affairs, is establishing a Continental Effort focusing on getting rid of Female Genital Mutilation in Africa by 2030– The Saleema Effort
This Saleema Effort targets at altering the unfavorable social standards which Female Genital Mutilation is rooted in, by embracing a holistic method that considers this hazardous practice an outcome of a provided social, political, financial and anthropological context. The Commission thinks that it is just through boosting the cognitive social capital of neighborhoods as an entire, and neighborhood members separately, that Female Genital Mutilation will be deserted.
The Saleema Effort’s interaction project will hence concentrate on operating at grassroots level, engaging neighborhoods, youths and ladies to take an active part in the discussion that will form the Saleema Project.
Following this line of thinking, the African Union Commission wants to consist of young
individuals at the earliest phase, and at the core, of this procedure by introducing a
continental contest, available to all African Youth in between the age of 18 and 35, to
style a dynamic, ingenious and continental LOGO DESIGN for the Saleema Effort.
The logo design that will be chosen to be the visual identity of the Saleema Effort:
- Will send out a favorable, culturally delicate message
- Will signify empowerment for women, ladies and neighborhoods
- Will be influenced by African images and/or cultural iconography
- Will appreciate the African Union Color scheme
- Will send out a proposition prior to Sunday 25 th of August 2019 00: 00
- Propositions need to be set to the address [email protected]
The winner of the competitors will:
- Win a 1000 USD reward
- Win a journey and an invite to gather their reward at a High Level Occasion
particularly arranged to thank them for their involvement in the making of the Saleema Effort.
To Find Out More: