Due Date: August 25, 2019
Entries are welcomed for the African Union Youth Envoy Saleema Effort Logo Design Competitors 2019 The African Union Commission, through the Department of Social Affairs, is establishing a Continental Effort targeting at getting rid of Female Genital Mutilation in Africa by 2030– The Saleema Effort.
This Saleema Effort targets at altering the unfavorable social standards which Female Genital Mutilation is rooted in, by embracing a holistic method that considers this hazardous practice an outcome of an offered social, political, financial and anthropological context. The Commission thinks that it is just through improving the cognitive social capital of neighborhoods as an entire, and neighborhood members separately, that Female Genital Mutilation will be deserted.
The Saleema Effort’s interaction project will therefore concentrate on operating at grassroots level, engaging neighborhoods, youths and ladies to take an active part in the discussion that will form the Saleema Project.
The Principle of Saleema
This method intends to speed up actions that guarantee every African woman can grow to maturity in her natural and initial type: total, unscathed, saleema. It is based upon the facility that FGM is rooted in socio-cultural standards and contexts and for that reason the power to desert the practice lives with households and neighborhoods. The focus is not on what neighborhoods ‘require to quit’ however rather on “what they stand to acquire by altering”. Just people-driven modification can efficiently end the practice. A distinguishing characteristic is making use of strong and favorable interaction methods and methods, verifying essential cultural worths, while constructing goal for modification, and empowering neighborhoods to produce an environment favorable to a favorable choice making procedure that will cause a cultural shift concerning this hazardous practice.
The winner of the competitors will:
- Win a $1,000 USD reward
- Win a journey and an invite to gather their reward at a High Level Occasion particularly arranged to thank them for their involvement in the making of the Saleema Effort.
- Open to all African Youth in between the age of 18 and 35
- Candidates are needed to develop a dynamic, ingenious and continental LOGO DESIGN for the Saleema Effort.
The logo design that will be picked to be the visual identity of the Saleema Effort:
- Will send out a favorable, culturally delicate message
- Will suggest empowerment for ladies, ladies and neighborhoods
- Will be influenced by African images and/or cultural iconography
- Will appreciate the African Union Color scheme
Propositions should be sent out to the address [email protected]
For more details, see Saleema Effort Logo Design Competitors