Due Date: September 7, 2019
Do you have a concept of a multimedia task concentrating on essential social, ecological, financial problems in the East Africa? Sign up with the Aga Khan University Media Development Center’s Accelerator Program 2020
The Development Centre (IC- Media Futures) of the Graduate School of Media and Interaction of Aga Khan University is accepting applications from writers, authors, visual artists, cartoonists, illustrators, information analytics professionals, information researchers, professional photographers, videographers, graphic designers, coders, developers and animators who want to work as group to develop engaging and interesting multimedia jobs on essential social, ecological, financial problems in the East Africa area.
In an age where audiences are bombarded with limitless digital material, with which standard media types need to complete, journalism has no option however to be interesting and engaging. Such fascinating times summon a various kind of storytelling; mesmerizing, participating in long lasting depth, with significant styles and problems that last longer than the short lived news cycle.
The future of journalism is pegged on the capability to inform stories that inform and amuse; provoke and motivate. Stories that link deeply with our hopes and inmost goals, along with stories that talk to the heart of our stress and anxieties and abiding worries. The future likewise requires of media to recenter their methods on the fundamental concepts of journalism anchored on sustainable ingenious structures to provide engaging journalism. Advances in information analytics, expert system, visual art types, text, video, photography, animation, virtual and enhanced truth have actually put at the disposal of reporters unmatched power to engage a variety of audiences in a shared experience.
The leading 3 ingenious concepts will exist to a choice panel. The winning group will sign up with the Development Center accelerator program as Innovators-in-Residence for a duration of 6-12 months throughout which they will be supplied with resources consisting of mentorship, training, training, a start-up grant and collaboration, to more establish their concept into a practical and sustainable organisation of item.
The innovators-in-residence will form a community of innovators that will work carefully with their network coaches and coaches who will work along with them to facilitate their expedition of brand-new ingenious jobs.
The Function and Obligations of the Innovators-in-Residence consist of:
- To work as a group to establish a service case for the ingenious task that thinks about the work strategy and budget plan.
- To work carefully with the Development Center group, fitness instructors and coaches to conceptualise, launch and handle the development task.
- Go to trainings and workshops on choose subjects helped with by the Development Center.
- Go to and recommendations at upgrade conferences both on an ad-hoc and regular monthly basis to examine and track the development of the development task.
- Offer positive feedback on the accelerator services, trainings and workshops.
- Go to occasions arranged by the Development Center to network with financiers, partners, innovators and other stakeholders to offer insights into the development procedures and experiences.
- Application need to be sent as a group
- Application need to show a trustworthy concept in media development with particular concentrate on the procedure, item, material and organisation design
- Needs to show the originality of the concept and its contribution to media practicality
- Should offer a possible work strategy total with short-term objectives, turning points and timelines for the execution of the development task
- Candidates need to be highly smart and show an understanding on how to make use of innovation to promote media development
- Should show strong organizational abilities and need to be a self-starter with the capability to recognize, focus on and carry out jobs and tasks with very little guidance
- Capability to work and work together in a varied neighborhood of innovators and show virtues of a group gamer.
For additional information, see Aga Khan University