Due Date: June 30, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Agricultural Research Study and Development Fellowship for Africa (ARIFA) 2019 ARIFA is the capability advancement element of Online forum for Agricultural Research Study in Africa (FARA)’s Holistic Empowerment for Livelihoods Program (ASSISTANCE).
ARIFA intends to produce a brand-new generation of fit-for-purpose labor force to re-engineer African agri-food sector to offer the modification aspect for quick farming change in the next 10 years, utilizing the Integrated Agricultural Research Study for Advancement (IAR4D) technique. Under the program, appropriately certified Africans will be trained in ARIFA- associated universities and centers of Agricultural Research study for Advancement (AR4D) in ARIFA associated nations consisting of, however not restricted to Brazil, China, Cuba, India, Italy and the Netherlands.
By this inaugural call, FARA and the International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Research Studies (CIHEAM-Bari), Italy, welcome applications from appropriately certified and qualified prospects for completely moneyed training at MSc level and Advanced Short Courses in Agricultural Research Study and Development with focus in the following locations:
- Master of Science (2 years).
- Land and Water Resource Management: Irrigated Farming
- Accuracy Integrated Bug Management for Fruit and Vector Veggies
- Mediterranean Organic Farming
- Advanced Short Courses (10 weeks).
- Sustainable Advancement of Coastal Neighborhoods
- Development & Youth Entrepreneurship in the Mediterranean Agri-food Sector
Expense and Advantages
The fellowship supplies
- Flight from house nation to CIHEAM-Bari
- Tuition costs waiver or subsidized
- A month-to-month stipend
Advantages of being an ARIFA Fellow consist of:
- Positioning for Postgraduate research study, MSc and brief training levels in distinguished universities and centres of research study in Brazil, China, Cuba, India, Italy, Netherlands and so on,
- A development grant at a FARA-supported Development Platform in house nation upon conclusion
- Becoming part of the ARIFA alumni to drive Africa’s AR4D in the coming years
- Be a resident of among the list below nations: Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Niger, Kenya, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda
- There is no limitation of age for the brief courses, nevertheless, male prospects requesting MSc Program need to be aged 30 years or less and women 35 years or less at the beginning of the Program.
- Not have citizenship or irreversible residency in any nation outside Africa;-LRB- **************).
- Have actually achieved a minimum education level of a bachelor’s degree from an acknowledged university, with a minimum of a 2nd class or its comparable in a pertinent field;-LRB- **************).
- Candidates that show records of engagement and contribution to resolving farming issues will have an additional benefit;-LRB- **************).
- Dedicate to taking part in an alumni network of FARA IAR4D specialists under FARA Post-fellowship strategy.
For more details, see ARIFA