Due Date: November 25, 2018
Applications are open for the AIMS-Canada Research Study Chairs in Environment Modification Science 2018/2019 The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (GOALS) welcomes applications for 3 AIMS-Canada Research study Chairs in Environment Modification Science to be based at GOALS Rwanda.
The program looks for exceptional female African and non-African researchers whose research study looks for to illuminate the scale and reasons for environment modification; anticipate weather conditions, specifically at little temporal and spatial scales; and establish and use unique techniques for environment modification adjustment and mitigation. Each chair will be entrusted with performing a first-rate research study program able to contribute considerably towards constructing both the human capital and the clinical understanding base needed to fix essential environment change-related issues in Africa and beyond.
- Each Chair will be offered approximately USD 970,000 over a four-year duration.
The candidate must:
- Be a female;-LRB- ***************).
- Hold a doctorate degree in a quantitative discipline consisting of, however not restricted to, used mathematics, meteorology, physics, chemistry, computer technology, analytical ecology, or engineering;-LRB- ***************).
- Show considerable proof of exceptional, self-initiated and self-directed research study in environment modification science;-LRB- ***************).
- Have at least 2 (2) years of postdoctoral experience;-LRB- ***************).
- Have experience monitoring Master’s and/or PhD trainees; and
- The capability to use up the Chair by the end of 2018.
Total the online application to which the following files must be connected:
- A finished research study proposition type
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter of inspiration
- An electronic copy of 3 representative publications in environment modification science where the candidate is the lead and/or senior author
3 referees must email personal letters of assistance straight to [email protected] with the subject line ” MS4CR chair application assistance letter– very first and last name of prospect” on or prior to the application due date. You must show your referees a copy of the ‘Regards to Referral for Chairs’ and the ‘Guidelines for Referees’ file.
To learn more, see GOALS