Due Date: November 12, 2019
The Albert Einstein Distinguished Teacher Fellowship Program is now accepting applications for the 2020-2021 Fellowship. The AEF program offers a special chance for accomplished K-12 teachers in the fields of science, innovation, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) to serve in the nationwide education arena. Fellows invest eleven months operating in Federal firms or in U.S. Congressional workplaces, using their substantial understanding and class experiences to nationwide education program and/or education policy efforts.
At the end of the Fellowship, teachers are prepared to return house, geared up with access to a nationwide network of education leaders and programs, a much better understanding of the difficulties and possibilities in STEM education, and a restored enthusiasm for mentor, all set to make considerable contributions to their schools and school districts.
Present sponsoring firms consist of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the Library of Congress (LOC), the National Aeronautics and Area Administration (NASA), and the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA).
Each AEF Program Fellow:
- Invests eleven months in a Federal company or U.S. Congressional workplace participated in education policy and/or program associated activities, bringing their experience as a teacher to the workplaces in which they serve.
- Gets a regular monthly living stipend of $7,500
- Has a travel allowance of as much as $5,000 for authorized travel asked for by their host company. Limitations on foreign travel will differ by company.
- Establishes expert advancement strategies to direct private expert advancement goals outside their host workplace duties with continuous mentoring supplied by the AEF Program.
- Has an education allowance of as much as $1,000 for authorized expenditures lined up with the Fellow’s private expert advancement strategy, consisting of courses, conferences, and expert books.
- Gets expert advancement chances throughout the year, consisting of chances for Fellows to engage with different companies, associations and specialists who concentrate on STEM education.
- Is compensated for moving/relocations expenditures as much as $3,500 for Fellows transferring from beyond the Washington, DC location.
- Is qualified to get a stipend of as much as $550 monthly (private strategy) or $1,300 monthly (household strategy) to balance out the expense of medical insurance.
- Gets designated workplace and agency/office-specific orientation and training.
- Be a U.S. resident at the time of using (by the November 14, 2019 application due date).
- Have a minimum of 5 total years of full-time class mentor experience prior to sending the application. Trainee mentor does not count towards this minimum full-time mentor requirement.
- Have actually been teaching full-time in a public or personal primary or secondary school for a minimum of 5 of the last 7 years in a science, innovation, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) discipline. Present work might be as a teacher or district authorities.
- Be presently used full-time in a public or personal primary or secondary school or school district in the U.S.
- Have the ability to supply a recommendation letter from a school district authorities as one of their 3 needed recommendation letters.
- Have the ability to get a leave of lack from mentor in order to take part in the program for the complete eleven months.
- Present and previous AEF Program Fellows are not qualified to request a 2nd fellowship.
- Qualified people might use an optimum of 3 times within a 6 year duration.
- All applications to the AEF Program need to be finished online through the online application system.
- The online application system will direct candidates through the application requirements. The Inspect Your Status page will keep candidates notified on the status of their applications prior to and after the application is sent.
- Candidates need to fulfill all the eligibility requirements
- All applications, consisting of suggestions, are due by the defined application due date.
- Just total applications sent by the due date will be thought about for examination and positioning.
- Products published into the application system will supply the sole basis for examination.
For more details, go to AEF program