Due Date: January 2, 2019
Applications are open for the ALCTS Online Course Grant for Library Professionals from Establishing Nations 2019 The objective of this program is assisting library specialists from establishing nations remain present with the current patterns and advancements in technical services locations and boost their expert understanding and abilities in librarianship and details science.
ALCTS provides a selection of online knowing programs that are offered to trainees around the globe. One totally free seat per ALCTS online continuing academic course session is offered to curators and details specialists from establishing nations.
- Have a degree in library or details science (e.g. a 4-year bachelor’s degree or a master’s) or,.
- be registered in a library or details science program in an establishing nation or,
- be working as a curator or details expert in an establishing nation
- Be a legal nationwide from a certifying establishing nation (see lists of Qualifying Countries: World Bank | United Nations) living in this nation
- Have working understanding of English
- Have technical capabilities to take part in an online course:.
- computer system abilities: be comfy with Web web browsers such as Web Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and so on; a word processing program, such as Microsoft Word, Word Perfect, and so on, have the ability to send out e-mails with accessories; copy and paste text; download and conserve a file, set up a program or plug-in; rapidly find out a brand-new program utilizing online tutorial or Assist area;-LRB- **************).
- routine limitless access to a computer system (a minimum of a Pentium II-based PC or a G3 PowerMac device;-RRB-
- a reputable high-speed Web connection (Broadband or DSL, or a minimum of 56 k modem);-LRB- **************).
- anti-virus software application set up and kept current on a computer system
- Monetary requirement in help due to inadequate or absence of financing for expert advancement from your company.
- Legal nationals from establishing nations studying abroad are not qualified for this grant.
For more details, check out ALCTS