Due Date: September 2, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the Alexander von Humboldt Web and Society Fellowship 2020 The Fellowship is open to early and innovative scientists with varied backgrounds and expert experiences, who wish to add to the series of the institute’s transdisciplinary web research study.
Based in the heart of Berlin, the HIIG supplies a vibrant intellectual environment for fellows to pursue their own research study interests and actively form their stay. Fellows are welcomed to work together with a global group of scientists and to take part in the activities at the institute. They are used a variety of chances to share and go over concepts. This consists of:
- Composing and releasing documents in among the open gain access to publications
- Discussing existing advancements in your field in type of HIIG article
- Holding discussions in among the lunch talks
- Organising professional workshops with your peers
- Participating in joint activities and tasks with other fellows
For the 2020 class of fellows, they think about candidates who wish to pursue subjects that fall within among the research study programs, groups or tasks. Please check out the details on each of the connected sites carefully, and position yourself and/or your task within the program that finest fits you.
- Fellows might utilize the HIIG centers totally free of charge throughout their stay. Nevertheless, they are anticipated to bring their own financing from their house organization or outdoors grants. Fellows need to look after lodging, insurance coverage, child care, and take a trip plans. In diplomatic immunities, fellows can obtain a travel grant of approximately 700 Euros and a visa aid of approximately 200 Euros.
- Candidates need to have a Master’s degree, PhD in process/planned (Junior Fellow) or Advanced PhD, post-doctoral scientist (Senior Fellow)
- Fluency in English; command of German is valued
- Research study experience and a research study task of your own that you wish to pursue
The following files are needed for total application:
- Updated curriculum vitae
- Inspiration letter discussing your interest in the HIIG Fellowship, research study background, and your expectations (1 page)
- Research study overview consisting of A) your task, and how it reacts to among research study programs, B) the particular work you propose to carry out throughout the fellowship, C) deliverables, items or results you intend to produce (max. 3 pages)
- Optional: one composing or work sample covering web research study (in English or German)
To learn more, go to Web and Society Fellowship