Due Date: November 15, 2019
Applications for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2020 for Ladies in Aerospace-applied Sciences/Engineering are now open. The Amelia Earhart Fellowship was developed in 1938 in honor of well known pilot and Zontian, Amelia Earhart. The Fellowship is granted yearly to as much as 30 females pursuing Ph.D./ postgraduate degrees in aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering. It might be utilized at any university or college offering recognized post-graduate courses and degrees in these fields.
Internationally, females comprise less than 30 percent of the labor force in physics, computer technology and engineering, according to U.S. News & World Report. In an effort to perform its objective that females have access to all resources and are represented in decision-making positions on an equivalent basis with males, Zonta International uses the Amelia Earhart Fellowship.
Given that the program’s beginning in 1938, Zonta has actually granted 1,573 Amelia Earhart Fellowships, amounting to more than US$10 million, to 1,144 females representing 73 nations. Their Fellows have actually gone on to end up being astronauts, aerospace engineers, astronomers, teachers, geologists, entrepreneur, heads of business, even Secretary of the United States Flying Force.
- As Much As US$10,000 is granted to picked fellows
- Ladies of any citizenship pursuing a Ph.D./ postgraduate degree who show an exceptional scholastic record in the field of aerospace-applied sciences or aerospace-applied engineering are qualified;-LRB- **************).
- Trainees should be signed up in a full-time Ph.D./ doctoral program and finished a minimum of one year of that program or have actually gotten a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field at the time the application is sent;-LRB- **************).
- Candidates should not finish from their Ph.D. or doctoral program prior to April2020 Please note that post-doctoral research study programs are not qualified for the Fellowship;-LRB- **************).
- Members and staff members of Zonta International or the Zonta International Structure are likewise not qualified to make an application for the Fellowship;-LRB- **************).
- Keep in mind that previous Amelia Earhart Fellows are not qualified to use to restore the Fellowship for a 2nd year.
For additional information, check out Amelia Earhart Fellowship