Deadline: January 31, 2020
Applications are open for the American Economic Association (AEA) Summer Program 2020. The AEA Summer Program is a prestigious program that uniquely enables students to prepare for the rigors of graduate studies—particularly at the PhD level—through two months of intensive training in microeconomics, math, econometrics and research methods with leading faculty.
The AEA Summer Program aims to broaden participation and increase diversity in the economics profession to ensure that more traditionally under-represented views and backgrounds contribute to scholarship in the field. The program runs from May 28 – July 26, 2020.
- Successful, eligible students receive a $3,250 stipend.
- Round-trip travel to and from East Lansing, MI is provided.
- Room and board on the MSU campus are provided for the program’s duration.
- Opportunities to do and present research at the program conference are included.
Ideally, applicants would:
- Be enrolled in or be a recent graduate of a degree-granting program at a college/university in the U.S., Puerto Rico, or other U.S. territory.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate education.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a doctoral degree.
The following are application requirements:
- College/University Fall 2019 transcript(s).
- Two (2) letters of recommendation with a minimum of one (1) from faculty.
- Two short-essay responses. (The questions will be found in the application itself.)
For more information, visit American Economic Association.