Due Date: December 15, 2019/ January 15, 2020
Applications for the American University (AU) Emerging Worldwide Leader Scholarship 2019/2020 are now open. The AU EGLS promotes academic gain access to and chance while boosting worldwide variety.
Combining the very best of AU– scholastic quality, management advancement, and international engagement– the AU Emerging Worldwide Leader accomplishes, influences, and serves with vision. The AU EGL is devoted to favorable civic and social modification, and will return house to enhance under-resourced, underserved neighborhoods in his/her house nation.
- The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU costs (complete tuition, space and board) for one worldwide trainee who will require a visa (ideally an F-1 or J-1 trainee visa) to study in the United States. The scholarship does not cover non-billable costs such as compulsory medical insurance, books, airline company tickets and various costs (around U.S.$ 4,000 annually).
- The AU EGL scholarship is sustainable for an overall of 4 years of undergraduate research study, based upon ongoing satisfying scholastic efficiency.
Important: Just one AU Emerging Worldwide Leader Scholarship is offered for Fall2020 If you are not chosen as the 2020 AU EGL recipient and desire to continue the application procedure, you might be qualified for partial benefit scholarships. Nevertheless, you will require to send evidence of extra funds beyond the preliminary U.S.$ 4,000 you offered. Approximated expenses for the 2019-2020 scholastic year are U.S.$68,357
You are not qualified to use if:
- You are a U.S. person, U.S. long-term local, or double person of the U.S. and another nation.
- You are registered in or have actually currently started any post-secondary research studies at another university in your house nation or the United States.
- You finished secondary school earlier than 2018.
AU EGLS prospects should use Routine Choice for fall (August)2020 Do not use Early Choice (ED).
Choice will be offered to:
- Worldwide trainees who have actually conquered numerous barriers and difficulties in addition to those from varied and underrepresented international and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of finishing class) for 9th-12 th grades.
- A showed dedication to management, volunteerism, social work and to advancing the requirements of individuals in their house nation.
- Trainees with a 95+ TOEFL iBT, 7.0+ IELTS, 600+ paper-based TOEFL (handled or prior to May 31, 2017), or sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017).
- Trainees who are still registered in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2020.
- Total the online AU EGLS application and Concerns 1-4
- Send a bank letter and the AU Accreditation of Financial Resources (AU CFIS) form– each showing a minimum of U.S.$ 4,000 These can be submitted through your Future Eagle Website or sent out by fax to +1-202-885-1025 Examples of bank letters and the AU CFIS form design template
- Send your authorities TOEFL or IELTS rating results if offered. These can be scanned and emailed to [email protected] International Admissions will call ETS or IELTS to validate ratings in your place.
- Total and send the Typical Application or Union Application, together with all supporting files per list by AU EGLS top priority due date of December 15, 2019, or by January 15, 2020 at the current. Please note that trainees who do not send a total application package with all supporting files by the due date will not be evaluated.
- If you are using through a program supported by EducationUSA such as USAP, CCC, Chance Grants, Diana Kamal Scholarship Browse, or comparable, or if you are a previous FLEX or YES high school scholarship recipient from the U.S. Department of State, please supply a letter from your EducationUSA center’s consultant verifying your candidateship. You might ask for the letter to be sent out to [email protected] as a PDF.
- If you are not chosen as one of the finalists, you might still be thought about for admission to American University, Washington, DC and qualified for partial benefit scholarships. Nevertheless, to continue the application procedure, you will require to send evidence of funds amounting to U.S.$68,357(approximated expenses for very first year of research study).
Skype interviews and extra essay submissions will be needed for AU EGL semi-finalists and finalists. If you have any concerns, please contact [email protected]
To learn more, check out AU Emerging Worldwide Leader Scholarship