Deadline: January 31, 2022
Applications are open for the American University Washington College of Law Human Rights Essay Award 2022. The Human Rights Essay Award is an annual competition sponsored by the Academy that seeks to stimulate the production of scholarly work in international human rights law.
The Academy will grant two Awards, one for the best article in English and one for the best article in Spanish. The topic for 2022 is Climate Change and Human Rights: Impacts, Responsibilities, and Opportunities.
The Award will consist of:
- A full scholarship to the Program of Advanced Studies on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law for either the Diploma or Certificate of Attendance options.
- Travel expenses to and from Washington D.C.
- Housing at the university dorms.
- Per diem for living expenses.
- The best articles may also be published in the American University International Law Review.
- Open to all lawyers around the world regardless of their nationality.
- Only participants with a law degree Juris Doctor, (J.D.), Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) or equivalent by the submission due date are eligible to enter the competition.
- Shall have a demonstrated experience or interest in international human rights law.
- Have the flexibility to choose any subject related to the 2022 topic: ¨Climate Change and Human Rights: Impacts, Responsibilities, and Opportunities. ¨
- Shall remember the essay must be an academic article with proper citations.
- Essays should be no longer than 35 pages
- Essay text is size 12, Times New Roman font, double-spaced
- Footnotes are size 10, Times New Roman font, single-spaced
- 1 inch (2.54cm) margins all around
- Page is size letter (8.5 x 11 inches/21.59 x 27.94 cm)
- There is no information identifying the author in the essay
Applicants are to provide a copy of their CV/resume in .doc or .pdf format (no more than three pages). The deadline to submit all essays is January 31, 2022 at 11:59 PM (EST).
For more information, visit Human Rights Essay Award.