Deadline: June 18, 2020
Do you want to accelerate your software engineering career? Join the Andela movement to ensure that while the digital revolution may have begun in Silicon Valley, its future will be written in Kigali and other cities across Africa. Apply for the Andela Technical Leadership Program 2020.
The Technical Leadership Program (formerly StackUp program) is now a nine months career Accelerator program implemented by Andela in partnership with the Ministry of ICT. The program aims at empowering Rwandese nationals with the prerequisite software engineering skills to become world-class engineers. It also blends in soft skills training that is essential for professionals to thrive in any work environment, especially when working with a distributed team.
Software engineers who successfully complete the 9-month program will:
- Gain the technical and professional skills demanded by the world marketplace
- Access to Andela’s pool of technical mentors.
- The fastest track to your employment as a software engineer in the African Tech Ecosystem.
- Open to young Rwandese nationals;
- Applicants should be passionate about software development;
- Applicants should bring a relentless desire to learn and level up.
Stage 1: Online Application
Stage 2: Technical Assessment
Once you submit your application, in preparation for the technical assessment, please attempt this Hackerrank sample test to get yourself familiar with the test platform. This is required to complete a technical assessment that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned.
Stage 3: Interview and English Assessment
Based on your application and technical assessment, you may be invited to a remote interview made up of staff members and developers at Andela.
Stage 4: Bootcamp Phase
Stage 5: Project Work Phase
Successful candidates at this stage will advance to a 14-weeks active development phase, the following technical skills will be covered:
- PostgreSQL- An open-source SQL Database.
- Express JS – A fast, unopinionated, minimalist web framework for Node JS.
- Docker – An independent container platform that enables organizations to seamlessly build, run and share any application, anywhere.
Stage 6: Apprenticeship
The apprenticeship phase of the program takes 14 weeks and the apprentices get to work on real-world products with active users and integrate into distributed teams with Andela’s partner companies. Partner companies are the companies with whom they agree to have theirr Apprentices work to get the requisite experience they need.
For more information, visit Andela.