Deadline: October 30, 2021
Applications for the Angaza Awards 2021 are now open. Kenyan Wallstreet and Kaleidoscope Consultants are hosting the Angaza Awards: Women to Watch in Banking & Finance program to recognise women who are steering and shaping the financial services sector. The motivation of the Angaza Awards is the need to raise awareness of seasoned women within the financial services sector towards promoting board and C-level diversity.
The Angaza Awards were launched on October 16, 2020 during the Africa Leading Women in Banking and Finance Conference that was hosted by Kenya Bankers Association, Rwanda Bankers Association and Zambia Bankers Association. The inaugural Awards focused on East Africa and attracted entries from Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda.
- The 10 entrants with the highest points will be selected as the “Top 10 Women to Watch in Banking & Finance” and their profiles will be posted on the Angaza Awards microsite and promoted in local and regional media.
Entries are invited from women across Africa in the following sectors:
- Co-Operatives and SACCOs
- Development Finance Institutions
- Fund Management and Investment Banking
- Public Sector Finance
- Private Equity
Judges will utilize a scoresheet developed by the Award Secretariat to select the winners based on two focus areas: Impact and Scale.
Under the Impact criteria, judges look for:
- The entrant’s achievement within their current institution/employer [highest scores are awarded for quantifiable indicators that are directly attributable to the individual entrants’ efforts]
- Outstanding professional achievement both within the current firm and externally within the broader financial services sector
Under the Scale criteria, judges look for:
- Applicants’ role and area of individual responsibility — how it contributes to the institution’s success [highest scores are awarded for quantifiable indicators that are directly attributable to the individual entrants’ efforts]
- Size and nature of the organization where the entrant is currently employed [judges look for national and regional reach of the organization]
Applicants will be required to submit CV/Resume and Headshot. Ensure your CV/Resume and Photo file name is your FIRST NAME and LAST NAME. Also that your headshot is a professional, high resolution photograph in JPEG format.
For more information, visit Angaza Awards.